Diatomaceous Earth

More
10 years 5 months ago #30389 by charlotte1
Anyone use this as an alternative animal suppliment to de-parasite their animals. I am looking for something natural for my dog who has a few fleas.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #410139 by charlotte1
Replied by charlotte1 on topic Diatomaceous Earth
Also where do you get it from? The DE website has it quite expensive while an animal healer up north has the same product for much much less.

More
10 years 5 months ago #410179 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic Diatomaceous Earth
Hi Charlotte, how about using "Pinetarsol" it is pretty natural and you can wash your dog in it and it sorts out the fleas and if you don't get it washed out of the dog it doesn't hurt them. Not expensive as you just use a capful to a bath of water. Cheers.

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

More
10 years 5 months ago #410187 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Diatomaceous Earth
a flea comb is easy enough to use if there are not too many, just squash the fleas as you find them against the comb to kill them.

More
10 years 5 months ago #410204 by judes
Replied by judes on topic Diatomaceous Earth
I use it frequently, but more for my chooks etc and reducing the fleas, and bugs in the ground. If you put it in your animals feed it reduces the fly population by 90%ish and I tell myself it knocks the internal parasite population as well. I don't know where you get it in the Nth Island though, I have a source here that is very cheap and convenient. I have never formally used it on the dogs or cats, coz they live inside and breathing D.E is not good for you.

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

More
10 years 5 months ago #410218 by Simkin

More
10 years 5 months ago #410243 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Diatomaceous Earth
You beat me to it Simkin!
I've just been talking to Ian Selby, of poultrynz, at the Levin Show this morning, and picked up his pamphlets regarding DE, so I could post on here where to get it!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
10 years 5 months ago #410249 by muri
Replied by muri on topic Diatomaceous Earth
Didnt we have a thread here earlier with an explanation of the different kinds of DE available.A lot of it is quite impure and not effective. There are two forms of it so you actually need to research it a bit more than just asking for DE

Time to create page: 0.260 seconds