chainsaw training/education manawatu

More
10 years 11 months ago #460004 by DiDi
My two bobs worth (as a trained chainsaw user who will NOT use one) is that I had a young man here recently to cut my too big firewood in half and he had all the gear. The most important being the trousers in this case and much to my horror, I saw a tear in them on the top of his thigh done that day. Needless to say, the chainsaw had just nicked the fabric but had he not been wearing them, it would have been a massive, if not life threatening injury.

Please - I said young but this bloke has years under his belt in his family business so PLEASE do not use a chainsaw if you are not qualified and wearing all the safety gear.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• germanshepherd
10 years 11 months ago #460005 by germanshepherd
Replied by germanshepherd on topic chainsaw training/education manawatu
I have had a few years and more under my belt as well and luckily i have no near injuries bt i do have slight tinnitus from not wearing muffs years ago

More
10 years 11 months ago #460008 by LongRidge
When I bought a new Stihl recently I asked about the tungsten tips and was told that they are very difficult to resharpen. If you know how to sharpen a chain then it seemed better to get a normal chain.

• germanshepherd
10 years 11 months ago #460009 by germanshepherd
Replied by germanshepherd on topic chainsaw training/education manawatu
i did the research after i bought the chain.The Sthil dealer at Drury sold me it with no info about it at all.Just showed me a vid what it is capable of.Dirt,muck,stones in wood etc.But from what i hear,it should be a while before it has to be sharpened.I have my own small electric sharpener so might revert back to the chains that are still in good condition if it costs too much to sharpen the tungsten carbide one.
The damned thing cost me $300.!!

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds