hey kate or IT person,

More
10 years 5 months ago #30289 by mikethebike
why is it that when I log in and check the remember me button then i start to post or reply and by the time i finish i have been logged out and have to log in again? coz it irritates the crap out of me! :D

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 5 months ago #409006 by kate
Replied by kate on topic hey kate or IT person,
Hmm...no idea! Did it just start? If it's a new thing then it may be to do with the move to the new server so try deleting all your lsb cookies and see it that fixes it. If not, send me an email and I'll get it checked out :D

Web Goddess

More
10 years 5 months ago #409015 by mikethebike
Replied by mikethebike on topic hey kate or IT person,
No its not a recent thing it just seems to log me out a bit quicker so i have to copy what i have written log in again and then paste.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

More
10 years 5 months ago #409054 by Rod Brown
Replied by Rod Brown on topic hey kate or IT person,
I had a similar problem 3-4 times a few years ago (on here) but then the problem stopped as soon as it had started, don't know what caused it!

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

More
10 years 5 months ago #409060 by muri
Replied by muri on topic hey kate or IT person,
I am finding it very slow, almost like dial up speed at the moment, having just got broadband not so very long ago, i dont have the patience for the dial up speed!

More
10 years 5 months ago #409061 by kate
Muri, we just moved to a new server and the site is actually running a lot faster than it was...can you try deleting your cookies too?

mtb, thanks for your email, what browser are you using?

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
10 years 5 months ago #409068 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic hey kate or IT person,
is working fine here :)
Firefox user here

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 5 months ago #409108 by mikethebike
Replied by mikethebike on topic hey kate or IT person,
hi kate using firefox,

More
10 years 5 months ago #409137 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic hey kate or IT person,
I have to agree Kate and I am not using Firefox - it is painfully slow to get onto the site using 8 and Google Chrome. Takes at least 6 seconds to connect to any thread and when you are used to fast internet - that is like Dial Up Gone to Sleep.

Having said that and knowing that my computer is as clean as a whistle, I have noticed a slow down generally with connection times so may not be your site as much as the "deals" being done for Mobile phones? I am not techie so just guessing but experienced this previously when one of the main ISP's offered huge "deals" to Mobile phone users. Sure there is someone far more switched on than I am but yes - for the past three days it has been like pulling teeth to get here.

PS - if this means anything, I can download the Herald and Stuff in a fraction of the time and yes I have done all the cookie thingies so ....

More
10 years 5 months ago #409148 by kate
Thanks Di :D

If you click on 'active topics' on the menu bar then look to the right of the green stripe above the posts it will tell you how long the server took to respond. When I look it usually says 0.01 seconds which is very fast...so why it is slow for muri and Di I don't know. I'll refer it to those people a lot smarter than me....

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
10 years 5 months ago #409165 by NZ Appaloosas
faster? It's slogging for me tonight...first time ever :(

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
10 years 5 months ago #409166 by kate
Can those of you who are finding it slow please let me know which ISP you're with?

Web Goddess

More
10 years 5 months ago #409167 by NZ Appaloosas
Vodasmut...I mean fone...

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
10 years 5 months ago #409212 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic hey kate or IT person,
Kate - I am with Voda too so maybe the problem however, I did go back and click on active topics and it said 0.01 as well and I can tell you it is fibbing! [:0]

I can, from hitting the button for say OT have the headline instantly i.e. Home..Contact Orange line come up instantly but the content takes near 6 seconds for me still this morning. I am measuring that by doing a very slow 1-99; 2-99 etc and it will come on as I hit 6.

It may well be a Voda problem so I will be ringing them and let you know if they can improve it at this end.

PS Is there any chance it is the cookie pubads.g.doubleclick.com that is the issue as that shows while waiting?

More
10 years 5 months ago #409215 by NZ Appaloosas
It's moving faster today, for me.

Time to create page: 0.221 seconds