1st Febs People

• Toni - Northland
14 years 4 months ago #3027 by Toni - Northland
1st Febs People was created by Toni - Northland
Okay, it is the 1st Feb, remember we said we would post what we had made or ideas for Christmas. I have a couple of photos, but will need to email them to someone to put them on here. Can one of the mods post on here and let me know please, I usually send them to Kate, but realise she is busy with the site.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 months ago #80261 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic 1st Febs People
Email them through, Toni, I can put them up :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Toni - Northland
14 years 4 months ago #80284 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic 1st Febs People

Dish from the Op Shop. Plant grown from one my daugter grew at school, she is 29 now. The plant will look better at Christmas, it is looking a bit sick at the mo, but am nursing it. I will give this to d-i-l along with a Christmas Cake. D-I-L is of Dutch descent.

I will put these together with a calicl 'garden' between the flowers. Don't know who is getting this one yet

All this needs is the binding put on. Again, don't know who will get this one.

• maggies mum
14 years 4 months ago #80295 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic 1st Febs People
Oops!

• chooky
14 years 4 months ago #80383 by chooky
Replied by chooky on topic 1st Febs People
OOps from me too Toni - however I did score from the op shop a really great stuffed parrot for my daughter to wear on her shouder at the ' sevens '. She is going as a pirate . Hoping they let her in with her plastic hook !![}:)]

More
14 years 4 months ago #173589 by gemini kiwi
Replied by gemini kiwi on topic 1st Febs People
Well I'm only 19 days late with this. I wraped half in celophane bags before remembering to show you. Duh. A friend of my son's is packing away her babies clothing but not sure if they're done yet :D . she asked me to make some lavender bags to pack in with the cloths so here they are, I did Lavender bags and also Lemon Verbena bags, they have a lovely citrus scent. She's also a cat lover so I managed to find some fabric that suited also in my stash.

More
14 years 4 months ago #173609 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic 1st Febs People
Wow you guys - you are doing great! I haven't made a start yet between going on holiday and packing up our holiday house and freezing produce for the winter mu days just run away with themselves. I am getting back on an even keel time wise now so I must make a start. You guys are doing so well, inspiring me to get cracking.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 4 months ago #173612 by gemini kiwi
Kats,
I was making these past 11.30 last night, I still have Apples that need picking, the birds are having a field day. Not enough hours in the day this time of year.

• Toni - Northland
14 years 4 months ago #173625 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic 1st Febs People
Wow, those bags are real neat. Do you put anything with the lavender to make it keep. I remember years ago I was drying lavender for something and had to get something from the chemist, it was a powder, that you mixed with it and it was mean't to make the scent last.

More
14 years 4 months ago #173627 by gemini kiwi
Toni both the herbs I used are fine on their own. If you make Pot Pouri you can set it with powdered Orris Root. I read a book once that said you could also use lichen, we have it everywhere here, all over the trees even growing on the old hot wire. It only grows where the air is pure, not so much in Europe where they have acid rain.

More
14 years 4 months ago #173746 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic 1st Febs People
they look absolutely gorgeous Geminikiwi. Agree there are just not enough hours at the moment. OH has spent evening making pasta sauce by the gallon to freeze

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.218 seconds