Banning vege gardens?

More
10 years 6 months ago #30045 by judes
Banning vege gardens? was created by judes
Is this for real? It seems a bit over the top but I will provide the link to the petition as well.

www.naturalnews.com/034337_New_Zealand_f...h_comment#f1cfef13b4

www.petitiononline.co.nz/petition/oppose...food-bill-160-2/1301

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #406066 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Banning vege gardens?
This is for real and already well discussed here :( Also Facebook is full of info on this if you follow the right identities.

Good to know the petition (and word) is reaching the previously uninformed though :)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 6 months ago #406074 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Banning vege gardens?
If NZ people let the Govt get away with this, they will deserve the slave like conditions they will be living in.

All it takes for stuff like this to happen. is for the population to do nothing.

Remember that Haiti the world's poorest nation now was once the richest per capita.

Vigilance is the price of freedom.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
10 years 6 months ago #406082 by kaumea
Replied by kaumea on topic Banning vege gardens?
that must be a joke or i'm asleep and i will wake up suddenly and it was a joke :confused::confused::confused::confused:

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
10 years 6 months ago #406118 by judes
Replied by judes on topic Banning vege gardens?

kaumea;401925 wrote: that must be a joke or i'm asleep and i will wake up suddenly and it was a joke :confused::confused::confused::confused:

Thats what I thought too lol

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

More
10 years 6 months ago #406119 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Banning vege gardens?
I'm writing to my MP about it...

Actually both MPs, Labour Electorate and opposition food safety spokesman, and National List MP.

Dear Sir,

I am writing to you as my (Different types) MP.

It has been brought to my awareness that the Food Safety bill currently proposed, as part of it's provisions includes language which would permit private seed-banking or seed-saving by individuals or families for private individual or family use to be considered unlawful and to be banned and the ban enforced by Food Safety Officers making entry to enforce such provisions without warrants.

The ability of individuals and families to provide food from gardens, gathering from the wild or raising animals for private use within the family and whanau must not be eliminated. As a hunter, a grower of vegetables from a home vegetable garden, having any person or organisation trying to tell me I must not provide food for my family through my own private efforts would be an unconcisonable liberty on their behalf.

I am advising you as a voter and citizen of New Zealand that I expect your vote to oppose any attempt to pass any bill which restricts the freedom of NZers to grow and consume food which they raise or gather themselves.

Yours sincerely

Me
Kawatiri Junction
Westcoast-Tasman

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
10 years 6 months ago #406120 by Organix
Comment quoted from the Ooooby-versity forun regarding the Food Bil:

"It is the sort of legislation that was used in communist Russia to starve or otherwise eliminate somewhere between 30 million and 50 million Ukranians in the 1930's.
Unless there is blanket exemption for home gardeners, farmers' markets, and bartering, we are heading down a fatal road. Let your MPs be clearly aware of our great concern."

This is definitely no joke!!! [:(!]

NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 6 months ago #406180 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Banning vege gardens?
Bump.

More
10 years 6 months ago #406234 by Hasbeen
Replied by Hasbeen on topic Banning vege gardens?

Organix;401964 wrote: Comment quoted from the Ooooby-versity forun regarding the Food Bil:

"It is the sort of legislation that was used in communist Russia to starve or otherwise eliminate somewhere between 30 million and 50 million Ukranians in the 1930's.
Unless there is blanket exemption for home gardeners, farmers' markets, and bartering, we are heading down a fatal road. Let your MPs be clearly aware of our great concern."

This is definitely no joke!!! [:(!]

No it is not a joke; it is the takeover of Government by the multinationals who owe allegiance only to the stock holder.

Recovering Lifestyler

More
10 years 6 months ago #406244 by morioka
Replied by morioka on topic Banning vege gardens?
Take a deep breath people, The bill is not intended to ban home gardens, saving seed, or giving away or bartering/food for those not in business of producing food.

www.foodsafety.govt.nz/policy-law/reform...uestions-answers.htm

More
10 years 6 months ago #406246 by Rata
Replied by Rata on topic Banning vege gardens?
New Green MPs are following this, and keen to hear all views. Mojo Mathers says

"I am looking to get feedback from those who grow and sell food regarding their thoughts on the Food Bill. I will collate your concerns and in the new parliament will look to join with those that work in seed exchanges, community gardens and grow good food to push the Government into amending the Food Bill."

blog.greens.org.nz/2011/12/21/mojo-and-s...sponse-to-food-bill/
www.greens.org.nz/people/mojomathers

More
10 years 6 months ago #406255 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Banning vege gardens?

morioka;402099 wrote: Take a deep breath people, The bill is not intended to ban home gardens, saving seed, or giving away or bartering/food for those not in business of producing food.

It is not about what is necessarily the main intention of a Bill, but what has been casually included or not excluded. It is definitely worth looking into, because very often legislation has unintended consequences. It is worth asking, "How does this affect what I, or my neighbour, or the businesses I use, do?"
Will it restrict this, and how?"

More
10 years 6 months ago #406264 by thevarneys
Replied by thevarneys on topic Banning vege gardens?
And while our country protrays itself as being 'free' (freedom of speech/religion etc) they are slowly (it has to be slowly and subtly otherwise everyone would wake up and smell the coffee) taking away our rights, under the guise of 'safety'. Take the smacking bill for example. Us parents who discpline when needed in a way which is appropriate are not the ones who are going to beat our kids senseless. The ones who are going to lose the plot are going to do it irrespective of whether there is a law against it.
I think the other worrying thing in the food bill is the inclusion of water. Maybe they would force all of us tank water users to chlorinate in case there are bad bugs in our water.
on a slightly different note I heard a very scary thing, which I thought would not be too far away in our society (Remember we are the guniea pig nation for the rest of the world). I think it was called PID or PIC, Personal Idendification Chip/Data. And they will sart with the new born babies. The prototype has been made. I heard this from a lady who had done her level 6 ITC. But I am going to google it now....

Some people are so poor, all they have is money.

More
10 years 6 months ago #406271 by Organix

morioka;402099 wrote: Take a deep breath people, The bill is not intended to ban home gardens, saving seed, or giving away or bartering/food for those not in business of producing food.

"I'm from the government and I'm here to help you" :rolleyes: [:0][:0][:0]

For those that have care to learn where this strategy is headed check out the last 4 chapters of "Folks, This Ain't Normal" by Joel Salatin. 'Food safety' is the excuse they are using - the same food safety reasoning that considers Coca Cola safe and milk not ! :confused:

More
10 years 6 months ago #406299 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Banning vege gardens?
I heard a very scary thing, which I thought would not be too far away in our society (Remember we are the guniea pig nation for the rest of the world). I think it was called PID or PIC, Personal Idendification Chip/Data. And they will sart with the new born babies. The prototype has been made. I heard this from a lady who had done her level 6 ITC. But I am going to google it now....

As a Christian, this doesn't surprise me in the slightest - it has been expected and I gather that various prototypes along similar lines have been built and tested one way or another over a number of years.

My guess is the 'excuse' used to 'encourage' us all to conform will be that because identity items like birth certificates, passports, bank cards, credit cards, etc., are so easily stolen, forged or otherwise misused, the safest way to ensure that the person being dealt with is that person is to have something embedded in them that can read data. I believe that, in time, we won't be able to do anything without a similar device. I'm watching with interest the role that cellphones are playing in our day to day lives and how easy it is to track people and their activities through that and other mobile media. We already have fingerprint, iris and palm readers. Consider how, in some employment situations, one is unable to work unless they can be 'verified' by one of those methods. Google the subject and see how many well-known telecommunications and other world-wide manufacturing companies are into this.

Thinking about the bigger picture and taking into account the increasing assaults on our privacy and ability to manage our own lives, it scares the s**t out of me, quite frankly.

Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

Time to create page: 0.257 seconds