HELP

• Landa
10 years 6 months ago #30010 by Landa
HELP was created by Landa
HELP I have no idea what do say If I ring up Looking for a job.
What do I say?:confused:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #405701 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic HELP
Start by introducing yourself. "Hello Mr.....I'm "Landa" I am looking for holiday work and I have skills in "...." I am very reliable and keen to develop my skills further......
Obviously insert words appropriate to the kind of work you are applying for. You might also put together a simple CV of any credits or certificates you have earned at school. Don't make it too complex, most people will not bother to read through screeds of paperwork. Your school report might also be a good starting point. It shows what your progress and aptitude is and often what a teacher thinks about you. Obviously don't include it if one of your teachers has written that you day dream all day :) It is also helpful for anyone who is interested in either an interview or a referee, that you have a couple of those available also.

You are selling your eagerness and yourself.

Don't be too disappointed if you get flat refusals or knocked back. Persistence wins here.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 6 months ago #405703 by mikethebike
Replied by mikethebike on topic HELP
Well i would start with "gis a job"!! stikkibeak has good advice there but also dont let it ride phone em back regularly it makes you look keen! hassle them if needs be, just say hi spoke to you the other day about a job has anything come up? and keep at it it will work eventually.

Mike and Suzi living the lifestyle in sunny central hawkes bay, Still loads of animals oh and we still have our Zebra truck.

More
10 years 6 months ago #405715 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic HELP
i get alot of phone calls from people saying' do you have a job' they completely fail to tell me what sort of job they are interested in.. so i just drop them..

the ones i take more notice of are the ones that have shown the gumption to find out what my company does, then does the research to find a contact address/email address and sends in a well put together,concise cv..
then follow up with a phone call a couple of days later..

before you get on the ph, make yourself a few notes on paper of what you want to say, so you dont get flustered and um and ah.. and forget what you wanted to say!

if you get a no, ask politely if they may know of someone in the same industry who may need some holiday work done..ask for a contact name

More
10 years 6 months ago #405718 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic HELP
I would keep it simple, "Good morning/afternoon. My name is ___. I'm looking for some work experience during the school holidays. Is there someone I can speak to about that?"

then take it from there. Once they start asking you about yourself, you can add information like your age, any experience you have, and that you're a hard worker, love animals, interested in a career as a vet, etc.

Good luck!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 6 months ago #405724 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic HELP

Landa;401501 wrote: HELP I have no idea what do say If I ring up Looking for a job.
What do I say?:confused:

landa i am a lot lot older than you & have the same problem, All it takes it self confidance. i get the butterflys as soon as i pick up the ph. at the moment I am putting off ringing a company for part time work, already I work for another co doing the same job but want to top it up. I'll do it tho :)

More
10 years 6 months ago #405731 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic HELP
Writing, and then following it up with a phone call gives you a + for persistence, and makes the phone call less difficult for you. A "cold call" where they are not expecting the call is very hard to do well, even for professional sales people. It also takes the pressure off because you don't have to give as much info quickly in the call to get their interest.
Saying something like, "I wrote to you last week and I am following it up to check whether you might have any work available. When would suit you for me to visit?" gives you an opportunity to show you are available to meet them, that you have initiative, and that you are not just calling on the spur of the moment.

More
10 years 6 months ago #405749 by 3 girls farming
Replied by 3 girls farming on topic HELP
can't add anything to the wonderful advice you've been given except don't give up.. it will get easier as you get your 'sales patter' down... all the very best in your hunt...

More
10 years 6 months ago #405833 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic HELP
Good luck. Like lots of us here, I would give you a job in a shot, but I think you would be late for work every morning, having to pedal all the way from Marton to Martinborough! I wish someone from round here would ring me with such an offer.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

Time to create page: 0.189 seconds