Communication

More
10 years 6 months ago #29992 by digby
Communication was created by digby
Our son is shifting away next year, what's the cheapest way to talk?

What are those phone cardy things?
Should we be "best friends" on mobile?

I am just hoping that someone else has done their homework and will share the info with me. :D

Thanks... in advance

Bye
Digby [:)]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #405477 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Communication
We are with Telecom and for $10 a month have unlimited communications between the cell phone and our home landline. We use much more than the $10 worth of calls :D

More
10 years 6 months ago #405485 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Communication
Assuming your son is staying within NZ one of the 'friends circles' plans allows free calls between desigated phones. Another option is to establish an 0800 or 0508 number 'pointed' at your home landline so he can phone you for free from anywhere (in NZ) with you picking up the tab.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 6 months ago #405497 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Communication
If you have either a very good dialup connection or broadband, then skype is the cheapest - it is free for skype to skype and you can do the odd video link as well.

More
10 years 6 months ago #405510 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Communication
Heard a woman on the radio the other day saying that Orcon with VOIP was the cheapest. Haven't gone there myself so just a suggestion to look into.

More
10 years 6 months ago #405540 by digby
Replied by digby on topic Communication
Thanks Guys, he will be in NZ :)

Bye
Digby [:)]

More
10 years 6 months ago #405556 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Communication
We use Vodafone best mates $10 per month for 2 on account numbers. You can nominate a landline also for $12 per month.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
10 years 6 months ago #405798 by kaumea
Replied by kaumea on topic Communication
we changed from telecom to trustpower and got one phone number in NZ that we can call for FREE....and that's my daughters number :D :D

I don't have all I love anymore, but I still love all I have...

More
10 years 6 months ago #405914 by diggs
Replied by diggs on topic Communication
Kapiti

More
10 years 6 months ago #405970 by 3 girls farming
Replied by 3 girls farming on topic Communication
I'd definately go for Skype (also allows you to check on the state of the bedroom, his washing, eating habits etc!!! ) but I have one free best mate on Vodafone mobile which I use when my girls so to their dads place.. don't pay a thing for it and I can now have it onto any network..

More
10 years 6 months ago #406030 by Belle Bosse
Replied by Belle Bosse on topic Communication
Skype. Definately!

Computer to computer it is free and you can talk as long as you wish! Im calling Australia at least 3 times a week to talk to Mum. We are both on Skype via computer and talk for hours!

Computer to landline costs a little bit and computer to mobile costs more. I cant remember the exact rate within NZ.

International to NZ: 0.03c per minute to landlines and 0.44c per minute to mobiles.

All you need for skype via computer is that you are both signed into Skype and have a suitable headset so you can speak and hear.

Skype phone is great as well. It doesnt cost much per month (you get to choose how much you want to put into the account and work with that) and the number travels where ever you go; meaning you can have an Auckland Skype phone number and still be contacted on it in Thailand via your laptop computer.
It can be contacted by landline, mobile phone or computer callers.

Skype conference calls allows more than one person to be contacted in the same call.

I'd be lost without Skype. We have one laptop signed into Skype nearly all the time and it receives either skype phone or text or computer to computer calls.

Only glitch is that you need internet connection at a reasonable speed to operate successfully.

More
10 years 6 months ago #406145 by katieb
Replied by katieb on topic Communication
my parents pay $10 per month & I can ph their landline as much as I want from my mobile(both telecom). I only live 45mins away.

My little brother live in Chile so they skype every few weeks

Animals rule our place... cows, calves, sheep, goats, pigs, horses, donkeys, chickens, ducks... the list goes on
...."lifestyle block like" 25 or so acres around the house attached to a rather large farm with dairy drystock & a 600 cow dairy conversion :)....1500 acres to call home

Time to create page: 0.308 seconds