computer question

More
10 years 6 months ago #29862 by 3 girls farming
have just set up a replacement computer and am having problems with the screen.. the zoom level is set to 100% which makes the screen readable but it also means that everything on the screen is falling off the edge of it.. how can I make the page fit the screen???

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 6 months ago #404024 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic computer question
We need far more information. Please include in your post the operating system you are using e.g Windows 98, XP, Vista etc. What program are you talking about when you say 'everything is falling off the edge'?

Are you talking about the resolution of the screen?

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
10 years 6 months ago #404066 by 3 girls farming
Replied by 3 girls farming on topic computer question
whoops sorry.. the computer guys at work always growl at me for not giving enuf info.
I'm using XP and I mean when I'm on ANY website the website page is too large for my screen - sideways.. so I've reduced the zoom to 90% and I've managed to get most of a webpage on the screen but on some websites (facebook for instance) the page is still too wide for my screen and the font is starting to get awfully little. On 90% the Lifestyle block site seems to be ok but that's one of the few..

hope that's enough info to not be so confusing..

More
10 years 6 months ago #404067 by kai
Replied by kai on topic computer question
try changing the text size. Use ctrl + or ctrl - to do it.

More
10 years 6 months ago #404071 by 3 girls farming
Kai... I've tried that but when the web page actually fits on the screen I need coke bottle glasses to read it... ok when I'm playing games but that's about all..

More
10 years 6 months ago #404081 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic computer question
It sounds like the computer has the resolution set up for a monitor with difference spec's to yours. Go into Control Panel/Display/Settings(tab) and have a play around with slider for different resolution options.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 6 months ago #404082 by 3 girls farming
horray... that seems to have fixed it... thanks Organix... awesome...

Time to create page: 0.250 seconds