At the Airport!

More
10 years 8 months ago #402197 by kate
Replied by kate on topic At the Airport!
Congratulations and have a great time :D

Do keep in touch and let us know how you're doing over there....and come home one day :D :D

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #402198 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic At the Airport!
All the best, another one of our "children" leaving the nest.;)

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
10 years 8 months ago #402206 by Shropshire Blue
Replied by Shropshire Blue on topic At the Airport!
Have a good one and dont be a stranger

More
10 years 8 months ago #402243 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic At the Airport!
Finally kiwi [}:)]...Bon Voyage and have a great time , stay safe , keep us posted and don't forget home is where the heart is :) ..God Bless.

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
10 years 8 months ago #402255 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic At the Airport!
Well, sitting here at the hostel computer in Kuala Lumpur.

Yes, I'm going to China, TESOL teacher at a provincial/municipal university with a contract until 31/July/2012, with a job offer after that in Donets'k in Ukraine I might take up if I feel like 4 feet of snow over winter for a change, just like the farm back home. :P :P

Arrived here after an 11 hour flight ex-Chch at NZT 3:30Am... by the time I was booked into the hostel after an hours bus to town and all sorted, I just crashed on the bed. Tonight at local 8:30pm for a 4 hour flight, I fly to Guangzhou, arriving GZ local 12:30, then I catch the morning flight at 7:25 local to reach Chongqing, where a staffer from the University will be waiting for me in the arrivals lounge with a sign :D Just like the movies :D I wonder if she will be in a Chauffeurs uniform ;)

I will probably have Sat arvo to settle in after the formalities of meeting the director of studies on Sat and a quick orientation tour of the campus, then crash on the bed again and sleep off the jet-lag all Sunday, before first classes on Monday.

27 degrees outside at midnight, Chch was around 14 when we left.! And hotter here with the sun up. CQ at least is mountainous and north enough of the equator that current temps are sitting around 12-19 degrees low to high over the day.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
10 years 8 months ago #402355 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic At the Airport!
We will need a diary/blog please!! Since all those first and other impressions will quickly fade we want to be in on how it really is!

More
10 years 8 months ago #402461 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic At the Airport!
Hi Kiwi - best of luck! Are you going to change your user name now as I assume you didn't take a rifle with you[;)]

More
10 years 8 months ago #402679 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic At the Airport!

jeannielea;397804 wrote: We will need a diary/blog please!! Since all those first and other impressions will quickly fade we want to be in on how it really is!

The same advice for photos as what you originally see as unusual will quickly become normality over time.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 8 months ago #402897 by Kiwi303
rnf2 (my old Uni username, I must have been the second person with the initials r.n.f...) on www.travelpod.com

Facebook is blocked, and any search for VPNs originating inside china is also blocked :( if any of the techie guys out there in free internet land can set up a free VPN account at one of the free providers and email/PM me the account details? I might be able to also manage my Facebook too then :D

I brought a Sony Alpha A300 with 35-80 and 75-300 DSLR camera and my Sony P150 PnS camera along, but only got the internet running today. had 3 classes so far this week, 2 more classes tomorrow and 2 on Friday.

The taxi drivers are mad... they drive like I do at home at 3am when the roads are empty... Nipping across center lines to make racing lines through a corner, ignoring Give Way signs and just nipping right on through... except here the roads are FULL! Oh, and they drive on the pavement, I don't do that, even at 3am...

How long before I get my licence here... hmm... nice motorbikes....

More
10 years 8 months ago #402913 by jeannielea
Replied by jeannielea on topic At the Airport!
Do you really want to be on a bike with drivers like that? Might be better to use the money for taxis!!

More
10 years 8 months ago #402914 by pisa
Replied by pisa on topic At the Airport!
Good Luck kiwi,
I bookmarked your blog and really looking forward to the first pics.
No pressure though! [;)]

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)
But who's counting [;)]...

More
10 years 8 months ago #402917 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic At the Airport!

Kiwi303;398409 wrote: .....

The taxi drivers are mad... they drive like I do at home at 3am when the roads are empty... Nipping across center lines to make racing lines through a corner, ignoring Give Way signs and just nipping right on through... except here the roads are FULL! Oh, and they drive on the pavement, I don't do that, even at 3am...

How long before I get my licence here... hmm... nice motorbikes....

This is one of many YouTube videos on Chinese traffic. Many less complimentary in their opinions :rolleyes:

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 8 months ago #402930 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic At the Airport!
signed into your blog, look forward to hearing about your experiences

More
10 years 8 months ago #402966 by LMCL65
Replied by LMCL65 on topic At the Airport!
Okay I've subscribed too. China is my dream trip, I was booked to go there years ago on my OE but had bad news from home and had to come straight back to NZ from the UK so it still sits on my to do list.

I shall live vicariously through you Kiwi!

Laurette, mother to Eamon (16), Sebastian and Cheve (angel cats) Henry and Bellatrix cats, Sadie and Billy Bob(dogs) Rocky, Lola and Hersephone (rainbow goat) (Goats), Sparrow and Esme (cows), 6 chickens , 6 Khaki campbell ducks, tadpoles and goldfish.

More
10 years 8 months ago #403037 by Kiwi303
I'm loading pictures of Kuala Lumpur now :D

Today was my first day seeing a blue sky, CQ is Foggy! it is in a bowl of the mountains with a series of rivers winding through, so it has a lot of misty days.

Time to create page: 0.233 seconds