Any budding writers out there?

More
12 years 6 months ago #29593 by kaybe
There is a new short story competition being launched in Cambridge, open to all NZ residents. The Forsyth Barr short story competition offers a first prize of $1000, 2nd prize $500, 3rd prize $250, and entry is free so it's well worth entering!

This year's theme is 'Autumn'. Stories are to be a max. of 2500 words. Stories must be new original work, which has not been published, submitted or entered elsewhere. They must be accompanied by an official entry form.

For full details and entry form, see www.cambridgeautumnfestival.co.nz

Closing date for entries is 31 Jan 2012.

I'd love to see one of our members win!

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 6 months ago #401426 by eelcat
Sounds like a plan!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
12 years 6 months ago #401427 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Any budding writers out there?
Interesting....thanks for posting :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 6 months ago #401435 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Any budding writers out there?
I know someone on here that should have written a book already so here is the challenge and you know who you are![;)]

More
12 years 6 months ago #401437 by shad297
And there doesn't appear to be an age specification - as my son is a prolific writer...although he tends towards the science fiction, but he might be persuaded by the subject when I show him the prizes!

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds