Correcting posture - look what I found!

More
10 years 7 months ago #29458 by reggit
Some of you will remember that I asked who the best person (osteo, physio etc) would be to go and see about sorting out my stoop before it gets totally set for life (if its not already!). Thanks for all the advice I got, in the end I did see a physio for a few tips, and then recently found this:

www.shouldersback.net/

Originally developed for horseriders (hence the 'shoulders back!' name that many of us would remember our instructors hollering at us ad nauseum!) and now generally used for posture, just what I needed!

I got a white one thinking it would be okay under clothes, but is a bit rough on edges where there is velcro so now wearing over a t-shirt - very unattractive in a support corset sort of way, but comfortable, and a constant reminder to pull shoulders back/stand tall. The idea is to gradually retrain your muscles so that you are able to habitually stand/sit straight rather than slumping as a default stance...

Thoroughly recommend them - but looks like cheaper to buy direct off their site than through Innovations catalogue which is where I got mine.

:D :D :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #400371 by Ruth
Ha! My physio used to strap me up with adhesive tape! :D

More
10 years 7 months ago #400375 by reggit
Yeah, been there done that years ago, Ruth...and got the allergy to the tape to prove it :D hoping this will prove more durable and more comfortable.

I have friends whose mums used to stick a wooden ruler under their bra straps over their shoulder blades to make them stand straight [:0]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
10 years 7 months ago #400377 by lydiar
I have one of these for both leg excercises and posture when sitting.

www.amazon.co.uk/66Fit-Wobble-Cushion-Pump-Blue/dp/B000W0AXFK

It is surprisingly effective and less precarious than the big gym balls they used to have as spare seating in my old office!

More
10 years 7 months ago #400398 by GloPony
Have you ridden in it tigger?

That looks like worthwhile exercise for horse riders lydiar! It must do wonders for balance? I've found the WiiFit very good for that but your one doesn't need batteries! :D

Time to create page: 0.280 seconds