Greenfield Piecemaker 45 Owner's Manual?

More
10 years 8 months ago #29243 by Organix
We have managed to acquire ourselves one of these shredder/chippers (Trade Me :D ) which should see a ready supply of mulch for the gardens but unfortunately the previous owner had misplaced the owner's manual. There doesn't seem to be anything available for download but perhaps somebody has one of these machines and would be willing to photocopy/scan us off a copy :confused:

Happy to cover costs or do a deal. PM me if you can be of help.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #397742 by kiwi_jon
Why not ask Greenfields via their 'Contact Us' page at http://www.greenfield.com.au/

More
10 years 8 months ago #397759 by Organix

kiwi_jon;392691 wrote: Why not ask Greenfields via their 'Contact Us' page at http://www.greenfield.com.au/

My eyes are still watering from the quote on replacement blades ($245) so I was looking for the cheap option on a manual before approaching them.

NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 7 months ago #398135 by Organix

kiwi_jon;392691 wrote: Why not ask Greenfields via their 'Contact Us' page at http://www.greenfield.com.au/

I did just that in the end and was pleasantly surprised to receive a PDF of the operating manual at no cost, and also a quote on replacement blades ex-Aussie that is almost half the NZ price :D

Along the same lines as parts for Solo sprayers (other forum thread) that are very expensive due to their infrequent sales it pays to shop internationally for such items.

More
10 years 7 months ago #398327 by Stikkibeek
Organix I'm not familiar with the greenfield shredder, but I know that on our one, there is an option to "rotate" the blades to a new position and you end up with a new cutting surface. You can do this three times with ours before having to get the blades resharpened. (or replaced)

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 7 months ago #398345 by Organix

Stikkibeek;393344 wrote: Organix I'm not familiar with the greenfield shredder, but I know that on our one, there is an option to "rotate" the blades to a new position and you end up with a new cutting surface. You can do this three times with ours before having to get the blades resharpened. (or replaced)

The blades on the Piecemaker are double sided so can be 'flipped over' but the previous owner of our machine has already done this plus it looks like he has had a go at sharpening the blades on one side with an angle grinder or similiar, while the blades have been in the machine [B)]

The blades are now being milled back to the sharp edge they should be in order to shred/chip material including palm fronds and vines. The Piecemaker is an impressive machine when it's working as intended :D

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds