NZ Post Rural Delivery problem.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397847 by Farmer53
sounds liek jef makes a living out his bad behavour, What a sad person to be so definsive al the timeAnd very proud of it to.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397863 by JEF
Replied by JEF on topic NZ Post Rural Delivery problem.

Farmer53;392811 wrote: sounds liek jef makes a living out his bad behavour, What a sad person to be so definsive al the timeAnd very proud of it to.

sounds like you dont know what your talking about , I make my living as a qualified tradesman and a very good living at that , I also have rental propertys and I manage property for other people . most people that deal with me keep dealing with me , ive had one of my tennants with me for 7 years and one for 3 years and charge neither a bond and about to start a 3rd tennant in another property who Ive helped out , ive had 2 previous employers recently ask me to work for them again because the customers like what I do , i set high standards for others and higher standards for myself , when im wronged i make people put it right ,i dont spout off to my wife or friends about what i should of done or if they do it again ill do this or that , you might need a dose of reality , perhaps you like second best , perhaps your one of these people that walk around with a monkey on your back for years when things havent worked out , I just get things done , BTW if you want to go there how do you make your living , selling dream catchers ? crystals and alternative thearapies ? :D

More
12 years 5 months ago #397866 by JEF
Replied by JEF on topic NZ Post Rural Delivery problem.

WillEyre;392784 wrote: Man - that is nasty!
I thought all us lifestylers were altruistic types.

Remember what I said though - it's not smart to play the tough guy at the restaurant (or the butcher's, if you're buying mince).

I dont play the tough guy with any retailers , I dont think youve choosen your words wisely . and what do you mean butcher ? me and the HOMEKILL guy have a good relationship because he does his job properly

More
12 years 5 months ago #397891 by shad297
I think Will is jumping to conclusions and that JEF is a straight talking guy, which is good and what I like. If the 'nice' and polite approach doesn't work then sometimes you have to get tough. I agree with us kiwis accepting second best sometimes and not good at complaining, I've got better over the years and have mostly had very good service, if not, then I complain. My husband finds it more difficult. I will always be polite but firm though!...and I'm a BIG girl!

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397892 by Farmer53

JEF;392830 wrote: sounds like you dont know what your talking about , I make my living as a qualified tradesman and a very good living at that , I also have rental propertys and I manage property for other people . most people that deal with me keep dealing with me , ive had one of my tennants with me for 7 years and one for 3 years and charge neither a bond and about to start a 3rd tennant in another property who Ive helped out , ive had 2 previous employers recently ask me to work for them again because the customers like what I do , i set high standards for others and higher standards for myself , when im wronged i make people put it right ,i dont spout off to my wife or friends about what i should of done or if they do it again ill do this or that , you might need a dose of reality , perhaps you like second best , perhaps your one of these people that walk around with a monkey on your back for years when things havent worked out , I just get things done , BTW if you want to go there how do you make your living , selling dream catchers ? crystals and alternative thearapies ? :D

oooooohhhhhh not cutie cutie.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397913 by The Kats Place
Had issues with our delivery man, delivers of coourier parcels taking days, wrong mail in box, no mail for days then heaps in one go, that type of thing, I tried talking to him, got nowhere, wrote to NZ post.... who handed the letter to the contractor to sort out so back face to face with him, he opoligised for the service and explained that he had cancer and some days just couldn't do the job and was having trouble finding a relief driver! so I ended up opoligised to him in the end. Service has improved, and I managed to find part time work for my friend who now drives for him on and on call basis. things aren't always what the seem.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 5 months ago #397931 by Anne
I have an awesome rural mail postie!!!! Delivers anything and everything. If its too big to put in the mail box, she'll come up that drive (get out of the car, open gate etc) and leave it on my deck or in my garage.
She'll take things back into town too - return dvds, library books etc. Fabulous service. No junk mail either - and i didn't even ask her not to deliver it, just left it in the box and she stopped putting more in.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397954 by googmeister
We have great service too- our postie was having surgery recently and we got a mailer to say delivery might be a bit slower for a while cos they would be using temp. staff (our RD is a big one too). I thought that was great to stave off the moaners :-)
Phaedrus - I hope in amongst all the posturing on this thread you have managed to find some resove .

More
12 years 5 months ago #397958 by Andrea1
Phaedrus -- are you in the rural Oxford area?

More
12 years 5 months ago #398110 by Phaedrus

googmeister;392932 wrote:
Phaedrus - I hope in amongst all the posturing on this thread you have managed to find some resove .

Thanks to those that sensibly replied. I've responded as needed via PM after becoming a bit bemused at where the thread was heading.

Unfortunately the question itself wasn't really answered so I'll need to escalate it within NZPO. A pity as I was trying to avoid things getting too official and/or out of proportion.

Cheers, P.

More
12 years 5 months ago #398117 by Farmer53
think it was answerd Phaedrus. take away the box or stop the post there as u cant get their very ofen & get other letter mail sent some where else?

More
12 years 5 months ago #398266 by Phaedrus
Actually no, it wasn't answered.

I was asking for appropriate contact details of the right person in NZ Post to deal with the problem, not what to do about it...

Cheers, P.

More
12 years 5 months ago #398272 by Stikkibeek
Phaedrus, you could perhaps try these people, This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. Customer Services Representative &

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

I don't know what Robyn's role was, but they were both very good at sorting out a problem we had which involved both Rural mail and town mail.

Sorry I can't give you further information than that. The original enquiry was started by the other person involved in our mail problem.
Stikkibeek

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
12 years 5 months ago #398304 by max2
have you tried a ''no junk mail sticker'' on your letterbox?

More
12 years 5 months ago #398305 by max2
OT - We are also North Waikato (but may not be the same RD district) and I want to say our fellow is absolutely fantastic!!

We have had problems with a neighbours boy destroying our mail box and that of our other neighbours. Our postie would usually drop our mail to me at work (outside of his district) or leave it in my work PO box at their sorting centre. My former boss is a RD man for another part of the district as well, he would have to be one of the most non aggressive people I have met and I cannot see him creating any unnecessary problems.

Most people don't bring agro onto themselves for the sheer sake of it, these guys usually have between 400 -500 customers and cover many klms every day, 6 days a week in all weather. they just want to do their job and its my experience if I do get a wrong letter, I just put the handle up on our box for the next day and its gone.

Time to create page: 0.150 seconds