NZ Post Rural Delivery problem.

More
12 years 5 months ago #29236 by Phaedrus
Hi all, it's been a while...

I wonder if anyone here knows who to contact re rural delivery issues in Canterbury?

Things have been fine until the contract was passed on to another person a few months ago. I've now variously had mail for other people, unwanted junk mail, writing on my mailbox and other such things. I left a couple of polite and friendly notes but the responses are leading me to a certain conclusion about the postie...

So I tried to call NZ Post today and was stonewalled at the border simply because I didn't have a RD number >:-( Explaining to the person that the property has a name and has always used that for as long as there has been postal delivery just didn't seem to sink through. They tried asking what I'd do if I wanted to call an ambulance and were not amused when I offered to give them the GPS co-ordinates of the place...

Anyway I actually don't want mail delivered there, just sort out the mis-deliveries (which I suppose are not really my problem since it's not my mail) and stop the junk mail (which because it could be months before I check the box can amount to quite a bit). I do want to keep the local papers though.

So all I wanted to do was to have a quick word with the person who looks after the section to try and sort the problem in an amicable way but I'm now more than a little grumpy. So I may well contact one of the listed directors if need be (or go to their sorting area since I know where that is) but it's really a bit over the top for what should be a simple little fix...

Therefore to keep the problem at a lower level, and where it should be, a name/number would be great if anyone can help - perhaps you've had occasion to contact them before? PM me if you want to keep it quiet.

Ta, P.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397660 by Blueberry
you could contact these guys who owns the contract for your area:

www.rdca.co.nz/home

Rural Delivery Contractors Association

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
12 years 5 months ago #397664 by Phaedrus
Hi Blueberry, thanks for that info - not something I was aware of.

Hoewever I think in this case it's probably more of a matter for NZ Post themselves given the response I've had.

I've tried a direct approach to the contractor.

Cheers, P.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397689 by Farmer53
why not stop the mail there al together if u cant get there often& get any importent mail re directed.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397694 by JEF
Replied by JEF on topic NZ Post Rural Delivery problem.
our mail contarctor changed then we had all sorts of problems and no one wanted to take responsibilty , so I abused the postie his boss and his bosses boss till they got it sorted , our postie ripped my mail , threw it on the ground , left parcels on the ground at the road , etc etc , you need to start swearing and getting rude it works , infact it works everywhere when your getting nowhere

More
12 years 5 months ago #397695 by LongRidge
The rural delivery contractors are paid by the advertising company to deliver the junk mail, not by NZ Post. The contractors are spoken to very severely by the Rural Delivery manager, who is not part of NZ Post, if they do not deliver all the junk mail.
For your eyes only ..... an aquaintance with an RD contract used to deliver the junk to those who wanted it, and burn all the rest. But he breached his contract by doing that, but pleased all those locals that did not want the junk..... thank God for local initiative :-).
I recommend Farmer53 idea.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397701 by Anne
Take the mail box away?

More
12 years 5 months ago #397743 by Phaedrus
Thanks for the ideas everyone, it's really just the right contact details I need at this stage.

I have thought of a few direct ways to deal with it but do want to try and keep things at a reasonable level.

As the neighbours are also a bit unhappy one idea was to put the letterboxes outside all the respective properties instead of grouped nicely at the end of the road to make it easy for the postie but that's to be reserved for the future at this stage. Hopefully such a pointed hint won't be required!

As for junk mail since I have paid for the box into which they are stuffed I think I have the right to refuse entry. Otherwise they can pay me rental for the space methinks!

Cheers, P.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397762 by Farmer53

JEF;392639 wrote: our mail contarctor changed then we had all sorts of problems and no one wanted to take responsibilty , so I abused the postie his boss and his bosses boss till they got it sorted , our postie ripped my mail , threw it on the ground , left parcels on the ground at the road , etc etc , you need to start swearing and getting rude it works , infact it works everywhere when your getting nowhere[/QUOTE]

Thats jsut outrite nasty[xx(]

More
12 years 5 months ago #397775 by WillEyre

JEF;392639 wrote: our mail contarctor changed then we had all sorts of problems and no one wanted to take responsibilty , so I abused the postie his boss and his bosses boss till they got it sorted , our postie ripped my mail , threw it on the ground , left parcels on the ground at the road , etc etc , you need to start swearing and getting rude it works , infact it works everywhere when your getting nowhere

Hehehehhehehehehe!

That's hilarious!
You abused him. Then he tore your mail, and left your letters and parcels on the ground - and you won????

I don't know if you know this JEF, but you should choose your moments of ignorance very carefully.
Like, it's not smart to complain too loudly in a restaurant before the meal is served. Neither is it wise to send it back, with a torrent of abuse, to the chef, afterwards.
Because, if you do that, when your steak reappears, though it looks and smells toothsome, it will probably have all sorts of 'flavourings' on it that you really didn't anticipate.
So it is, with your 'victory' over the mailman - as long as that contractor delivers your mail, can you ever be absolutely certain that you are getting all of your mail all of the time?
And by the way, does he deliver to you any re-sealable foodstuffs?

Ed

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397777 by shad297
I am sure if all reasonable approaches do not show results, Fair Go would be very interested, because you can bet if this is affecting you then someone else will also be having the same problem, then maybe the people concerned will be embarrassed into getting their A into G and giving good service. Hope you are successful and keep a cool head although there are limits!

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397815 by JEF

WillEyre;392726 wrote: Hehehehhehehehehe!

That's hilarious!
You abused him. Then he tore your mail, and left your letters and parcels on the ground - and you won????

I don't know if you know this JEF, but you should choose your moments of ignorance very carefully.
Like, it's not smart to complain too loudly in a restaurant before the meal is served. Neither is it wise to send it back, with a torrent of abuse, to the chef, afterwards.
Because, if you do that, when your steak reappears, though it looks and smells toothsome, it will probably have all sorts of 'flavourings' on it that you really didn't anticipate.
So it is, with your 'victory' over the mailman - as long as that contractor delivers your mail, can you ever be absolutely certain that you are getting all of your mail all of the time?
And by the way, does he deliver to you any re-sealable foodstuffs?

Ed

HI , it was the other way around , he was playing silly buggers with my mail and a kind word didnt work so I let rip , I won he lost he delivers my mail properly , I usually win to date Ive got about $70,000 by playing the game right , thats $70k that most mild mannered members of the public will never have got , ive beaten big corporations by playing the game my way , you guys can mock all you want but I know of one mild mannered lady at least who despite not liking my methods enjoyed her $5000 check i got her

More
12 years 5 months ago #397818 by JEF

Farmer53;392713 wrote:

JEF;392639 wrote: our mail contarctor changed then we had all sorts of problems and no one wanted to take responsibilty , so I abused the postie his boss and his bosses boss till they got it sorted , our postie ripped my mail , threw it on the ground , left parcels on the ground at the road , etc etc , you need to start swearing and getting rude it works , infact it works everywhere when your getting nowhere[/QUOTE]

Thats jsut outrite nasty[xx(]

yeah it is but a win is a win , I dont care about other peoples feelings when they rip me off or dont do what their paid to do , us kiwis have a bad habbit of accepting second rate everything from retailers thru to surgery and pesonally im sick of it .
my ultimate goal is to have someone go home to their spouse at the end of the day and say " Ive had the worst day ever"
if you think its nasty thats fine full credit to you for being civil , Im not happy being a sheep or taking second best

More
12 years 5 months ago #397821 by WillEyre
Man - that is nasty!
I thought all us lifestylers were altruistic types.

Remember what I said though - it's not smart to play the tough guy at the restaurant (or the butcher's, if you're buying mince).

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
12 years 5 months ago #397843 by Organix

JEF;392781 wrote:

Farmer53;392713 wrote: ..... I dont care about other peoples feelings when they rip me off or dont do what their paid to do , us kiwis have a bad habbit of accepting second rate everything from retailers thru to surgery and pesonally im sick of it .....

Too true! And every customer who slinks out of a store wronged, and then complains to everyone except the guilty party, are just perpetuating the dismal service that we all too often receive from many goods and service providors in NZ [:(!]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds