A long shot but wirth asking.....

More
10 years 8 months ago #29176 by Westermans
I met the most lovely lady on a plane to Tauranga a couple of months ago and i think of her often and wondered if she was a member on here..i have no idea what her name was, my memory is shite [:0]
She lived in Nelson and had a beef and sheep farm, we chatted about our places and animals and our families.
She had lost a son in a light air crash a little while back and her story just touched me and i would really like to find her again.
I KNOW this is a HUGE long shot but worth a try, if you don't ask you don't get [;)] and i might just be very very lucky and actually find her :) I hope i do.
I do know she moved from Queenstown to Nelson she has a daughter in the police in ChCh..another daughter studying in Wellington (i think) ring any bells for anyone on here...
We shared a giggle together over her spilling the milk on herself..then i went and did it and told her i didnt want her to feel awkward :) such a lovely lady with a very sad story but a story that made me really stop and listen to her...i had just had a fight with my daughter as i left home and i was still pretty angry at her....but once this lady told me of her loss i realised life wasn't that bad for me really, yes she is a pain in my ass most of the time but i still have her...and seeing the loss in this lovely ladies eyes just broke my heart.
I felt like i was meant to meet her that day and maybe that is all it was supposed to be but i do think of her so often i thought i would try on here..
Thank you to anyone who reads this and has any leads for me..i fell like inspector Morse :)

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #397033 by Pumpkingirl
That is a very long shot. Still, we do live in a very small country.

If you can remember more details of the crash, you might find something here as all fatal plane crashes are reported on for official aviation records . It's doubtful it would give you a name though.

More
10 years 8 months ago #397055 by kaybe
If you still have your boarding pass the airline might be able to tell you the name of the passenger you were sitting next to.

Maybe you could put a brief notice in the local paper in Nelson?

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 8 months ago #397064 by eelcat
If you have the time, you could troll through the Nelson papers. They should be on-line. I imagine as Nelson is a small place it would have been reported in the paper there.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
10 years 8 months ago #397065 by eelcat
If the crash was in Nelson it looks like it was 9 April. That would narrow the newspapers and death notices you would need to look at.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
10 years 8 months ago #397067 by eelcat
Check out Nelson listings

More
10 years 8 months ago #397072 by kiwi_jon
^^

The pilot killed in that accident was 86 year old Geoff Smales.

More
10 years 8 months ago #397083 by Westermans
thank you so much guys for all that info i will be trawling the aviation site and the nelson papers on line too, i have not got my boarding card though as that would have been a great chance to find her again!
I think she said it was 2 light air crafts that hit one another, he was doing his pilots license and only 17 or 19 years young :( not sure but i think it was Wellington...but not 100% on that..i will start looking today :) and may even pop a note in the Nelson paper on line see if that finds her too :)

Multitasking is my speciality:-)
www.westermans.co.nz

More
10 years 8 months ago #397085 by kate
This any help?

Web Goddess

More
10 years 8 months ago #397091 by Ruth

While families grieved their loved ones, air accident investigaters spent Monday pouring over the wreckage to try and find out what went wrong.

I wonder what they used?

More
10 years 8 months ago #397098 by Blueberry

Ruth;391956 wrote: I wonder what they used?

Some things the spell check (if it's used at all!!) just does not pick up, aye;)? i'm thinking the writing in newspapers is deteriorating fast. Our local paper is SHOCKING[:0][:0]!!

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 8 months ago #397101 by Ruth
Those sorts of errors are all over the internet versions of the papers, in particular. All it takes is a quick scanning read by a careful reader! Perhaps they'd like to employ some of us?

More
10 years 8 months ago #397183 by DiDi
Don't we wish Ruth. I rang the Editor of our Local Paper and offered to copy read the paper before publication as I was so appalled at the reporting language. Having been in contact with the Editor previously,it was frightening (given a passion for the English language) to be advised that the owner of the paper (begins with F) had cut all copy readers to save money!

Just think - in 10 years time, it will all be in TXT language as that is all the new generation of 20 somethings will know how to spell. Shudder.

More
10 years 8 months ago #397254 by Farmer53
be Aware the lady may not want too be contacted.

More
10 years 8 months ago #397619 by Lindeggs

Westermans;391947 wrote: ... I think she said it was 2 light air crafts that hit one another, he was doing his pilots license and only 17 or 19 years young :( not sure but i think it was Wellington...

It seems the inquest is happening in Wellington this week:
www.stuff.co.nz/national/5846801/Despera...t-to-avoid-collision

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing my lovely chooks

Time to create page: 0.240 seconds