Architect

More
10 years 8 months ago #28963 by KelseyU
Architect was created by KelseyU
Hey everyone,

I am an architectural technician so if anyone out there has any private jobs / alterations to there house etc let me know.

I am more than happy to help.

Kels

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394644 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Architect
I also am a draughtsman. We are the unseen people who, along with structural engineers, make architects' fairyland ideas workable.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394646 by KelseyU
Replied by KelseyU on topic Architect
Oh yes that is very true!!!! Who do you work for?
Im working for Ignite Architects atm and yes making the architects ideas work, are sometimes impossible.

Kels

More
10 years 8 months ago #394647 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Architect

igor;389237 wrote: I also am a draughtsman. We are the unseen people who, along with structural engineers, make architects' fairyland ideas workable.

... after the surveyor has made sure it's being built in the right place [;)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 8 months ago #394665 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Architect
There was a draughtsman, an architect and a surveyor in the pub....... :rolleyes:

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 8 months ago #394669 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Architect

Stikkibeek;389259 wrote: There was a draughtsman, an architect and a surveyor in the pub....... :rolleyes:

Now that made me laugh out loud! Love it!!!! For all of us that have built houses!!

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
10 years 8 months ago #394672 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Architect
We've just been talking to our 14 year old son who this week has to choose his options for next year and eventually wants to become an architect! (at this stage).
His father is an engineer but says he should've done architecture as architects he's worked with have told him he would have made a good one.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394692 by Lindeggs
Replied by Lindeggs on topic Architect
My soon-to-be-son-in-law is a quantity surveyor. One of the other 'invisible' links in the chain. Handy to have in the family though. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing my lovely chooks

More
10 years 8 months ago #394711 by KelseyU
Replied by KelseyU on topic Architect

Stikkibeek;389259 wrote: There was a draughtsman, an architect and a surveyor in the pub....... :rolleyes:

hahaha yep that is very true!!! biggest piss heads around

Kels

More
10 years 8 months ago #394719 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Architect
All handy folk to have, but I've got to say a Plumber and a Joiner would be top of my list right now :D . Though a Draughtperson would also be handy[;)]

There is an award winning house on our street, the 2nd owners have spent several years trying to get heating and cooling systems working properly in it, as it is not designed for good airflow, so is hard to heat in winter and boiling hot in summer, it has cost them a fortune.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
10 years 8 months ago #394721 by WillEyre
Replied by WillEyre on topic Architect
Ah! Exactly what I was looking for - a pisshead to design to my new curtain-wall highrise!
(You know - someone too habitually soused and insouciant to fret with piddling details, like the liquefaction oozing into his Red Bands as the piles are driven.)
Meanwhile, back at the Baa -
'As a matter of interest', slurred Towser near the bowser, 'Anyway, just what the hell ish an Architectural Technician?'

Ed

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394722 by Leslie_NZ
Replied by Leslie_NZ on topic Architect

Xartep;389317 wrote: All handy folk to have, but I've got to say a Plumber and a Joiner would be top of my list right now :D . Though a Draughtperson would also be handy[;)]

There is an award winning house on our street, the 2nd owners have spent several years trying to get heating and cooling systems working properly in it, as it is not designed for good airflow, so is hard to heat in winter and boiling hot in summer, it has cost them a fortune.

The house sounds like mine in regards to heating and cooling! Although mine isnt award winning.... Mum and Dad (got to love mum and dads) have stepped in and offered to help with insulation and heat pumps, and a new deck... and bifold doors to get to the deck... Its all too much and we keep finding new things to add to the project... new curtains, outdoor lights, having to repaint the house (outside and partially inside), arg! And then I have to plan out a proper landscape/ garden to go with my initial vision!

On the plus side I have an electrician as a brother inlaw.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394727 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Architect

KelseyU;389308 wrote: hahaha yep that is very true!!! biggest piss heads around

Almost as much so as lawyers and police [;)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 8 months ago #394728 by Lindeggs
Replied by Lindeggs on topic Architect
The most beautiful house I have ever lived in was a (fortunately rented) expensive house in an expensive street. It looked stunning. And it was horrible to live in.

Giant picture windows facing North and West - but they didn't open, and there were no eves to shade them in summer. They looked onto a giant deck that reflected even more heat into the house. And there wasn't a single place in the whole house where you could open two opposing windows to get a breeze through.

My time in that house was a wonderful education in how not to design a house. It could have been twice as functional in half the size if it had been properly designed.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing my lovely chooks

More
10 years 8 months ago #394729 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Architect
:D :D ahh Lindeggs. .. reminds me a bit of my first house.. it won some award back in the '50's..kind of a funky place by the 80's..but wow, realy high celings and open ( no ceiling space .. just timber then iron )..impossible to heat, high big windows, impossible to clean etc etc...
i now have a 1903 villa..and probably with little thought to design, it is an easy house to live in.. double hung windows are the best invention ever, drop the top to let out heat or let in breeze.. nice big airy rooms.. probably the only thing that bugs me abit is the long dark hall, but leave the door open and plenty of light[;)]

Time to create page: 0.238 seconds