Bummer!

More
12 years 8 months ago #395326 by Midge
Replied by Midge on topic Bummer!
I told you to watch your step, Sue!!!
Do you think these things only happen to other people [;)]

Sorry I'm late with condolenses :) - am only getting back to using the pc now that the cast is off and back pain is abating.

You were lucky to have been given anesthetic when they put the bones back in place. The bugger of a surgeon I had put multiple dislocations and the break in my leg back in place without even offering so much as a panadol OR telling me that that's what they were going to do! I'm much wiser now!

Keep up the painkillers - don't let it ruin your trips.
All the best!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Cheers[:)]
www.jerseycows.co.nz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #395436 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Bummer!
Well folks, I'm back.
Managed to do everything we planned-some folks even gave up their seat on the city circle tram-so the plaster does have benefits!
The Show -latest A.Lloyd Webber was great too. No hassles on the flights, but my travel insurance declined to cover any further problems with it-had there been any!

My fingers and elbow are wonderful shades of purple yellow and blue.
T. has been training the calf for Manawatu Show Stu, so your help with the usual will be appreciated.
Yeah, if we had all been going to the Royal Stu, we would have needed a 'groom' it would have been a great trip!

Yep Midge, I felt like a real pill popper, but they did the trick. Plaster change on Weds I hope!
A sparkly one for Vegas-next adventure!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
12 years 8 months ago #395447 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Bummer!
Glad your back andit was good trip :)
Yep of course i will be at Manawatu Show to giive you a hand ,. :) i am getting good at bum washing, stall mucking out, and water carrying :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 8 months ago #395599 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Bummer!
Glad you managed to do all you had planned.
You probably got more rest for your arm because you were away..[;)]
Hope you heal well and soon. :)

I too have a pretty hand at the moment. Green and yellow and brown and red... but it is my own fault: don't fall down and put your hand where another volleyball player is about to land their foot... :D luckily mostly visual effects

More
12 years 8 months ago #395619 by Sue
One week later!

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
12 years 8 months ago #395620 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Bummer!
Ooooooogh that looks sore [B)][B)][B)]

Web Goddess

More
12 years 8 months ago #395634 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Bummer!
Yep that looks sore :(
Um from look of that think you may need me at the show :( .. :) lol i will be there as usual with my favourite big grey cattle :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
12 years 8 months ago #395693 by Ruth
Replied by Ruth on topic Bummer!
OUCH! [:0]

More
12 years 8 months ago #395703 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Bummer!
hope it is healing well, and you had a great time in Melbourne.

My hubby always tells me to take my cell phone with me in case I have a fall and break a leg or hip...my luck I'd land on the darn thing and break that.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
12 years 8 months ago #395709 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Bummer!
Ouch !! that looks sore. My MIl's elbow looks just like that. She had a car accident last week, not her fault (driver passed her on the left whilst she was doing a left hand turn into her driveway). Anyway, other driver got out of her car and shoved MIL to the ground. She landed on her elbow, hence the comparison colouring.
As well as the driving charges, the other driver is now being charged with assault - I mean to say, you just don't go around shoving 80 year old ladies to the ground now, do you, and expect to get away with it.

Hope it is healing well Sue and not so much pain.

More
12 years 8 months ago #395730 by Sue
Funny thing is though, I didn't hurt my elbow! It's all trickled down from the wrist I assume.

Ronnie that's a horrible thing to happen to your MIL! I'm pleased to hear the driver is getting charged on both accounts!

Yes, I carry my cell phone for such emergencies on farm, but OH was with me at this event-so was able to drive me! It would be my luck to be alone and have the phone flat or out of $$'s as I don't normally have it switched on!

Not sure how the healing is going-maybe they will Xray tomorrow when the plaster is changed.

This morning I've been to see the stock for the first time in a week, loaded 3 yearling bulls on a truck bound for Taranaki and work in a dairy herd. Funnily enough the stock truck driver who came remembered when I broke my other wrist, 15 years ago! He remembered my OH telling me to go and dangle my arm in the water trough, while he got the stock on the truck!

Sue

More
12 years 8 months ago #395731 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Bummer!
Best wishes for a speedy recovery from me, too.

More
12 years 8 months ago #395766 by Hawkspur
Replied by Hawkspur on topic Bummer!
Sue, a doctor told me they can tell what people have been doing after their injury by the direction the bruising has drained. It looks like you have been active, (not lying down) but have been keeping your wrist elevated, maybe in a sling, so it has all drained to your elbow. Probably exactly what you were told to do! :D
Ronnie, I hope your MIL gets better soon. What a ratbag the other driver was![:0]

Time to create page: 0.175 seconds