Bummer!

• Sue
10 years 8 months ago #28961 by Sue
Bummer! was created by Sue
Fell over a tree root at 7.30am yesterday, shifting cows! Result, a few bruises and a broken wrist! Took 9 1/2 hours to get it fixed, what with waiting rooms and anaesthetics to enable it to be manipulated back into place!
The biggest frustration is not being able to drive, and I'm off to Melbourne for a girls weekend with my daughter on Thursday! Not to mention another overseas trip in 3 weeks time!
Grr, I'm so annoyed with myself for not looking where I was walking!:o

I suppose one just has to be positive, it was the left one, it wasn't a hip or a leg, calving is finished and so almost is the daily feeding!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394608 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Bummer!
Could you still drive an automatic?

More
10 years 8 months ago #394610 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Bummer!
Well if I had one! Actually at the moment I don't think I could hold the steering wheel, fingers too swollen and plaster too bulky on my hand, so have to wait to get the second plaster on 12th

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394612 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Bummer!
Bummer all right!

Get yourself some Arnica (homeopathics) and dose up for the next few days. It is most effective taken immediately after the event (or post surgery) but will still hasten soft tissue injury healing, without the digestive side effects of anti-inflammatories :)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 8 months ago #394613 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Bummer!
grr bummer.. how frustrating.. with everything that needs to be done this time of year, but as you say, at least not a hip and at least calving done...
i broke my left wrist not so long ago, you very quickly get the hang of doing things one handed..
hang in there [;)]

More
10 years 8 months ago #394614 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Bummer!
You have my sympathies, Sue!!! Heal quickly, heal well. That is my worst nightmare, especially at this time of year.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394615 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Bummer!
Ouch! What a pain - literally :(

Web Goddess

More
10 years 8 months ago #394618 by Sue
Thanks for reminding me Organix, I had forgotten I had some-I wonder if it has an expiry date!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394621 by Organix

Sue;389208 wrote: Thanks for reminding me Organix, I had forgotten I had some-I wonder if it has an expiry date!

They probably have but so long as the remedies haven't been stored with items with strong odours they should still be effective.

NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 8 months ago #394622 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Bummer!
Sue - such bad luck - really sorry to hear that news. I'm sure you'll still have a lovely time away, though.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394627 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Bummer!
Beats me crushing my ribs, you win. Big bummer.
Take care, and enjoy your breaks when you get away.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
10 years 8 months ago #394628 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Bummer!
I'm very sorry to hear about your misadventure. I second what Organix says - and don't worry about the expiry date - it will still help.

Let's hope that in 3 weeks time your wrist has started to heal. When our daughter had a broken finger (requiring a cast up to half way up her arm) not that long ago they gave her a much lighter cast after 2 weeks so this may be worth investigating.

More
10 years 8 months ago #394642 by Sue
Thanks for the thoughts everyone!
I've had the Arnica tabs a few years, but stored in dark bottle in a dark place. Simkin, tried to weigh my arm, as well as one can when it's still joined on, seems to weigh about 1.5kgs! I have to go back next Weds for a change of plaster-when I can choose a colour, so I'm hoping for a lighter one too! It too will have to be split evidently a requirement for airline travel?!

Sue

More
10 years 8 months ago #394645 by Organix

Sue;389233 wrote: Thanks for the thoughts everyone!
I've had the Arnica tabs a few years, but stored in dark bottle in a dark place. Simkin, tried to weigh my arm, as well as one can when it's still joined on, seems to weigh about 1.5kgs! I have to go back next Weds for a change of plaster-when I can choose a colour, so I'm hoping for a lighter one too! It too will have to be split evidently a requirement for airline travel?!

Just to prove you're not using your cast to smuggle 'stuff' aboard [;)]

More
10 years 8 months ago #394655 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Bummer!
Poor Sue, I'm sorry to hear about your wrist! Don't let it dampen your holiday spirits though :-)

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

Time to create page: 0.249 seconds