any xampp experts out there?

More
14 years 5 months ago #2892 by kate
before I throw this laptop through the window?

I'm having problems loading xampp, I get a message

'the application failed to initialize property (0xc0150002) Failed to install service. '

Then it says it has installed successfully but if I try to load Apache I get an address violation error in module LIBMYSQL.dll

Any ideas?

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #78491 by GrantK
Replied by GrantK on topic any xampp experts out there?
I have to admit I had no idea what Xampp was until I googled it just now [:I]

As I remember, Apache was a real cow to get going, but having done so, its reliability has been rock-solid for more than 10 years [8D]

Live weather data and High/Low records for our farm at: www.keymer.name/weather

More
14 years 5 months ago #78559 by Kiwi303
All I can sugesst is fina another xmapp user and ask them to send a new .dll file to you to replace yours, see if that clears it up. just rename the original dll to dxx or something so if it doesn't you can just delete the donated dll and rename the original back to dll to be back where you were.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
14 years 5 months ago #78607 by ame
Replied by ame on topic any xampp experts out there?
Does this help? Second-last suggestion on page 1

www.apachefriends.org/f/viewtopic.php?p=...ca824a1c5c5187428631

A

More
14 years 5 months ago #78615 by kate
Replied by kate on topic any xampp experts out there?
Hi ame - that sounds exactly what I need :D However, I've just installed EasyPHP which is looking a lot more user friendly...so far.

This stuff hurts my brain...

Web Goddess

More
14 years 5 months ago #78643 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic any xampp experts out there?
No help at all - anything with a computer that doesn't work hurts my brain - and the only reason I dont throw it out the window is that the car is underneath and is worth more than the computer:D

More
14 years 5 months ago #78705 by Istrian
most probably an antivirus problem. Did you remember to stop the antivirus before installing xampp?
'the application failed to initialize property (0xc0150002) Failed to install service. '
Apache usually is installed to start as a Windows Service so your pc is unable to start Apache when you boot up. You can see Apache in "computer management - services" panel. Try disabling your virus checker, go to the "services panel" & see if you can start it manually. Also windows firewall (or whatever other firewall you have) might be blocking it. By the way xampp for windows comes with a full MySql/Apache/Php etc & installs all these applications as one simple install process.

Time to create page: 0.190 seconds