ACC gripe - grrrrr!

More
12 years 5 months ago #28911 by kai
ACC gripe - grrrrr! was created by kai
I really want to vent! ACC is dragging out their decision as to whether or not they will cover the surgery required to my left foot. I found out why today... they are seeking a second opinion on the damage to my right foot!!!!!!! How can they get something so basic wrong????

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 5 months ago #394058 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic ACC gripe - grrrrr!
Oh my goodness - just hope the surgeons don't suffer the same affliction, Kai. That could be an even bigger OOPS!!

Hope all goes well with the op.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
12 years 5 months ago #394064 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic ACC gripe - grrrrr!

Mich;388586 wrote: Oh my goodness - just hope the surgeons don't suffer the same affliction, Kai. That could be an even bigger OOPS!!

Hope all goes well with the op.
Cheers, Mich.

From experience (x2) I can assure you that surgeons use a marker pen and put a 'X' on the target item (e.g. knee, sinus), but also from experience ACC paper shufflers don't exercise the same care of identification [:0]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
12 years 5 months ago #394067 by kai
Replied by kai on topic ACC gripe - grrrrr!
As long as you are conscious, yes the surgeons usually double check and put and x where to start, so no concerns there. However there is probably one very puzzled orthopaedic surgeon scratching his head at the moment, wondering what I am complaining about! ACC has said they are going to send an oops letter to him explaining their mistake. But no doubt it has delayed things more than it should have been.

More
12 years 5 months ago #394127 by sky
Replied by sky on topic ACC gripe - grrrrr!
I was injured at work and acc took about 9 weeks to make a decision on whether or not they were going to allow my op and withheld money I was entitled to until then also. It was a terrible time for us all as a family, I really hope you have better luck with them.

Canterbury

More
12 years 5 months ago #394128 by kai
Replied by kai on topic ACC gripe - grrrrr!
well the longer they hold off making a decision, the more it will actually cost them. I am not working at the moment, but with the move to Wellington I should be fairly soon, so then they will have to fork out for lost income. Which as I would need about a month off work, would not doubt cost more than the operation they are trying not to pay for.

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds