Clever hubby-He's bin at it again (pix&video!)

More
15 years 2 months ago #288 by Louise W
Two weeks ago Nick found an old piece of wood in the chook house at his parents. Look at it now:

I dunno about you lot but geez I think that is clever! No pattern or instructions, he just designed it and made it. Took him about 10 days. It is Rimu apparently. He's got some Totara from the timber recyclers and is working on another one now.

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42553 by moggy
That looks a wonderful piece of wood, though, something tells me he may have had not pattern, but is not a novice at this (meant as a complement)

More
15 years 2 months ago #42556 by Louise W
Well I suppose not a complete novice as this is the second one he has made. He made the first one a few months ago out of a piece of [email protected] old plywood from the local timbermill, LOL! He is one of those clever people who can just make things. I haven't a creative bone in my body!!

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 2 months ago #42571 by Birman Babe
Ahh but can he play it? :-) Very nice looking piece.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42572 by spoook
How is he at garden seats Lou??? When is his next trip up my way???
Big round of applause for his wonderful efforts, you should be so proud.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
15 years 2 months ago #42581 by Louise W

quote:How is he at garden seats Lou???

Haven't tried him on garden seats yet mate - maybe that could be the next task, after the two guitars he is working on now! [:0]

quote:Ahh but can he play it?

BB, yes he plays very well although is very self-conscious and rarely plays in public.

I am very proud of him :)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

• Toni - Northland
15 years 2 months ago #42585 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Clever hubby-He's bin at it again (pix&video!)
That is so cool. I bet he could find a market for them. Collectors pieces.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42839 by Clods
Hey Louise, do they play well? He should start selling them. What sort of price would he put on them do you think?

2 horses, 15 Chickens, 1 goat, 2 pigs, 1 cat

More
15 years 2 months ago #42841 by Louise W
Well the Rimu number had its first public outing recently where it was dutifully played at the Tin Hutt in Tauherenikau by members of the local Jazz and Blues club (think that was the name of the club). Apparently it was very favourably received with a number of people commenting on not only how attractive it was but how great its tone was! I think Nick was quite chuffed.

Clods, not sure what sort of price he would sell them for but I think he does hope to sell the odd one. Probably somewhere in the region of $800/$1000? The two he is currently working on are Totara, one has a fixed neck and the other a neck will be bolted on to it. He has spent HOURS AND HOURS AND HOURS on these creations and the parts that he puts on them cost a few hundy. I cannot wait to see them completed though.

Have told him he needs to find a well known muso to play one and act as an agent/promoter for them ;) I suspect the market is pretty limited. I have a horse breeder friend in Canada whose DH is a recording artist (pretty well regarded folk rock singer) and when he gets back from being on tour, she is going to show him the photos I sent her for his considered opinion. Part of me is thinking he needs to send one over for him to play ;)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 2 months ago #42842 by Clods
I think he should do well at that price - perhaps personalising them as well for people would make them want to pay that amount. What about going to a music shop and selling through there? There are plenty of guitars in the shops that sell for double that. If he leaves one on loan or sale or return, andit gets seen, he will likely get orders from it.

A bit much for my 12 year olds who are despirate for new guitars though! They will have to wait until they've sold their first record and buy their own. ;)

More
15 years 2 months ago #42844 by Louise W
You got it Clods - He has been to local music shops and will go back with others. Might have to start with photos left in shops and contact details, until he has enough made to be able to leave one or two in the shop. He is also keen to personalise for people. The first one he has inlaid a paua dolphin into the headstock. H is also thinking of offering custom builds but everything is still very much in its infancy.

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 2 months ago #42845 by Clods
When I win lotto, I'll send you a big order. Good luck with it, it sounds like a great business idea.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42970 by Louise W
Well Guitar Mark II (in Totara) is complete:

and he has inlaid the headstock of Guitar Mark I (in Rimu)

AND, we have video of the guitar being played!!

Nick would like to stress that he makes guitars better than he plays them [:I];)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 2 months ago #42974 by Dream Weaver
Awesome. he is very talented.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42978 by terralee
WOW such talent ...you have every reason to be proud of him Lou.
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

Time to create page: 0.245 seconds