Feeling constantly tired!

More
10 years 10 months ago #392713 by lillies_for_me

Blueberry;386906 wrote: andf another testimony as to how your diet can change your health: a few years ago, i had major health issues - age-related, or so i assumed; contantly tired needing longer and longer naps to 'recover", teethering between aggressive and weepy, gaining weight despite feeling constantly "hungry", rashes coming and going, sore joints, etc. It was severely affecting my quality of life, not to mention the lifestyle. I'm just this side of 50, so was not quite ready for the resthome. After an intense chat with my Naturopath, i gave up carbohydrates (all of them!) and dairy and took up swimming 2 - 3 times a week.
That may seem hard, but the change was dramatic! I did this for 9 months, lost heaps of weight, gained oodles of energy, pain and soreness gone, i found my good humour and appreciation of life back. I was like a new person.
I have since slowly reintroduced foodgroups back into my diet, taking my time, and being really careful about my body reaction to each new group. i know for a fact that coffee, wheat and unfermented cow dairy are poison for me. I can have small quantities of other grains - as long as they are fermented. Which is why i'm such an advocate for sourdough bread[;)]. Legumes agree with me, as does rice. I'm still really bad with sugars - I'm such a sweet tooth, and it's sugar that causes the joint pain. I know it, so can gage the level I want to go to:o - in all honesty, it's a work in progress:p. The maintstay of my diet is still vege, fruit, meat and eggs, and the closer I stick to it, the better I feel.
I never considered just popping pills for this and that, and some more pills to counter the side effects - that would be counter to everything I believe in. But that's a personal choice.

Was this like the Aitkens Diet? Or different? I am really wanting to do something like this - not to 'loose weight' but to clean my body out and get it all in balance after a year of chemo has really screwed it up!! Did you just cut them out all in one day, or did you wean yourself off the carbs?
Congrats on sticking to this major lifestyle change - clearly you are a different person, or perhaps you are just who you always were?! Good on you :)

Yesterday is History;
Tomorrow is a Mystery;
Today is a Gift;
That is why they call it the Present!
[:D]

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392720 by Mustangnin
I have sent you a personal message lillies for me. :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #392729 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Lillies-for-me,

for all I know about cancers a high protein diet is the wrong thing as cancer THRIVES on proteins. A low carb high protein diet may well be good for some people, especially blood type O, but if you have cancer you need to go on a diet that cleans your body gently. Lots of coloured veggies, no meat, no coffee, no chocolate, nothing fried, no nitrates (as in bacon, ham, salami).

I've read many many books about cancer cures, all claiming to have healed everyone who sincerely participated. It has to be the right one for you and the only way to find out is to do a total body cleansing diet (I can recommwed Dr Sandra Cabott's Liver Cleansing diet which I did and I have a spare copy which I co.ld send you). Her diet is not a cancer cure - it is a body cleansing diet.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392751 by Blueberry
Replied by Blueberry on topic Feeling constantly tired!

lillies_for_me;387098 wrote: Was this like the Aitkens Diet? Or different? I am really wanting to do something like this - not to 'loose weight' but to clean my body out and get it all in balance after a year of chemo has really screwed it up!! Did you just cut them out all in one day, or did you wean yourself off the carbs?
Congrats on sticking to this major lifestyle change - clearly you are a different person, or perhaps you are just who you always were?! Good on you :)

No, Lillies_for_me, it's not really one of those funky 'named' diets - I simply followed the recommendations of my Naturopath (even though i really hated him for insisting I do it :) - and even more so when I had to admit he was right :D :D ). As he also has extensive conventional medical training, I trusted him not to steer me into anything that would eventually kill me[;)]. Even though at the time i sought out his help, i was less worried about dying then I was about continuing to lead such a miserable life[xx(]!
If you want to go down that path, it might be wise to have a chat with a health practitioner first, or at least a nutritionist, to make sure you do not miss out on any of the elemental nutrients.
Having since then studied up a bit on human nutrition - particularly then non-mainstream, non-chemical industry supported type of information, I have to say that all these promotions by conventional medical people about avoiding red meat protein, avoiding animal fats, but eating reconstituted chemical crap (aka margarine, fat reduced, added-protein, reinforced, calcium, extra healthy, extra soft etc.) makes less and less sense to me. Unless, of course, you look at if from an economical point of view...Their economy, that is, not yours.[}:)]

[;)] Blueberry
treading lightly on mother earth

More
10 years 10 months ago #392752 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Right on Blueberry. I try to stick to real food too. If our great-grand-parents wouldn't recognise it as food then it's probably dodgy.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392758 by Blueberry
that's an easy sort of guide line, too:

www.tipsonhealthyliving.com/diet-and-fit...he-5-ingredient-rule

(just disregard the description of what goes into the production of meat; those Americans just have no clue how good quality red meat is raised [;)] :D )

[;)] Blueberry

More
10 years 10 months ago #393098 by lillies_for_me
Thanks all for you interest and help with these cleansing diets etc - unfortunately this week i have been in and out of Prison (hospital) due to increased pain (yes, ontop of my chronic pain, i now get even worse pain that my normal pain meds don't come close to - and is Methadone which is my pain relief!) - this is why i have not yet replied to all your PM's!! I have been told to get back to Prison ASAP (was told to today, Weds, but i said no - so over hospitals) as i got to be admitted into ICU for a special lignocaine infusion - so that will take another four - five days - so if i do not get back to you for another week - i am sorry! I am very interested in ALL these dietary detox's/cleanses/diets etc, so i will reply as soon as i can when home!
Cheers - x

Yesterday is History;
Tomorrow is a Mystery;
Today is a Gift;
That is why they call it the Present!
[:D]

More
10 years 10 months ago #393131 by Simkin
Replied by Simkin on topic Feeling constantly tired!
I'm very sorry to hear about your predicament. I hope everything is going to go well and we'll hear from you again soon.

More
10 years 10 months ago #393142 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Ditto. Lillies, we look forward to hearing from you when you get home again. You sound in good spirits, good on you, keep on fighting the good fight.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 10 months ago #393143 by Mich
Replied by Mich on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Hi Lillies - thinking of you and hoping that the next week is pain-free and successful for you. Look forward to hearing from you again as soon as you're able.
Cheers, Mich.

Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help someone up. Anon.

More
10 years 10 months ago #393279 by Blueberry
Lillies, i've pm'd you

[;)] Blueberry

More
10 years 10 months ago #393510 by UsBlacksheep1

Organix;386397 wrote: You are what you eat :) Worth watching :D

Hi,
I liked that video..its makes sense to me..
I had similar symptoms to Pisa (for many years) and after surgery this year had gotten worse.Also am in menopause.(I.m mid 40s) My boss teamed me up with an C.H.E.K practioner (not sure of correct title) and have been on her programme (made especially for me thru rigorus questioning) and have been implementing her "eating habits" for 10 weeks. I only eat meat and veges and fresh herbs for flavours.For me its 3 meals a day which takes organising as I work full time but do it.. Takes abit to get your old habits of eating changed but well worth the effort. All organic (where possible). I dont eat anything"white" , processed etc so no rice, pasta,, sugar, flour etc no made up packets like maggi sauces etc. No milk,cheese- no dairy anything
What a change!! Feel like a new woman..no tiredness, no mood swings, no taking antihistimines (scuse spelling), no stomach pain, no toilet probs...Bliss....Also have lost 8kgs..havent been able to lose weight since my 20's..I have'nt had any colds or any flu like symptoms and have energy like Ive never had before. I can be out in the garden all day working no prob..Just thought I'd like to share this with you ...You are what you eat is a fact for me[;)] and Im reading and learning more and more each day..

back on lifestyle block..so excited!..
Still have a full on Jack Russell,a Bischon X, Lilly cat,our new cat Fudge ,max the horse cat,plus 14 Barnevelders....

More
10 years 10 months ago #393869 by pisa
Replied by pisa on topic Feeling constantly tired!
All the best for you Lillies, hope it'll come right.

I'm healthy as the proverbial horse, according to the docs. Bloods been fine, got liver, kidney, thyroid, diabetes and iron checked. Blood pressure a teensy bit higher than my usual, but still well within the healthy range.
I'm now slowly reducing my Fluox intake and work on losing a bit of weight, not a lot, but just enough to make me feel comfortable.
As for eating: I know I have to reduce my sugar intake, which will go hand in hand with my weight loss efforts.

hopefully it'll take care of it.
thanks for all the advice, it certainly gave me the needed kick in the behind to get stuff looked at.

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)
But who's counting [;)]...

More
10 years 10 months ago #393874 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Feeling constantly tired!
This website is worth a visit for those who have gravitated to this thread. The questionaire toward the bottom of the page will provide an insight into diet/health/symptom links for many of us I suspect :)

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 10 months ago #393884 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Feeling constantly tired!
just seen this thread, it has prompted me to do something. I have been feeling excessively tired and aching joints, but did not want to go to the docs (I know what part of the cause is). In the past I have sorted the problem by changing my diet, but over the years I have slipped back into bad patterns.

Time to create page: 0.234 seconds