Feeling constantly tired!

More
10 years 10 months ago #392098 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Feeling constantly tired!
I did that a few years ago, Ruth, until I realised I was doing myself out of a couple of years! :D

If you are tired all the time I would be having a good talk to doctor too. Different if you are wearing yourself out physically, crashing for a good sleep, then waking up energised, which is not what it sounds like.

Available iron that they test when you give blood is different from stored iron levels. Make sure they check both!

And depression can hit even if you consciously think you are doing okay mentally...don't rule anything out [;)]

Are you on any medications that might be causing this also? I had a change of meds earlier this year, and I swear I have literally gained 3 hours a day back that I am not sleeping/tired compared to before that. That's nearly another day a week.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392099 by Lindeggs
Replied by Lindeggs on topic Feeling constantly tired!
For those with iron issues (or suspicion of iron issues) remember it's not just how much iron you take in that counts, it's how your body absorbs it. So avoid having tea and coffee with your meals and make sure you have plenty of vitamin C in your diet.

Tea and coffee are anti-nutrients (they kill off vitamins) and vitamin C is a helper that works with iron.

Of course there are lots of other things that can cause fatigue, so the doctor's visit is a good idea. :)

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing my lovely chooks

More
10 years 10 months ago #392100 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Feeling constantly tired!

stephclark;386412 wrote: ha ha ha ruth you do crack me up.. :D

for whats its worth.. 48 and completely knackered all the time..iron levels off the chart, hormones all good and that of a 20year old ( apparantly )..

i am generally ok until i eat something .. then its all over and i need to sleep.. if i wasnt soo tired all the time, i would investigate what it is that i shouldnt eat.. [;)]

Classic food intolerance symptom [:0] Check out the story on Andy Murray here , and conventional blood tests will turn up nothing useful in most cases :confused:

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 10 months ago #392101 by pisa
Replied by pisa on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Cheers Tigger,
I am on Fluox, have been for the past 5 yrs.
As I'm suffering from exhaustion depression ( haven't had a night's sleep in the 11 yrs) my hubby 's first comment was, now that we've all moved into our own proper separate bedrooms and I'm sleeping through the night, that my body might be catching up. Along the lines " sleep begets sleep".
But I'm not sure it should feel like that.

1 hubby, 2 kids, 1 cat, 1 dog, 2 swallows and I've lost count how many offsprings with even more grandkids, 5 bunny girls, 5 bunny boys, 12 chickens (rooster, pullets, chicks and more about to hatch hopefully) and 4 goats with two of them expecting any day! (24.10.14)
But who's counting [;)]...

More
10 years 10 months ago #392103 by Leslie_NZ
Replied by Leslie_NZ on topic Feeling constantly tired!
When reading your first post my main thoughts were iron levels as well, also could be as mentioned thyroid, or a few other things.

It would also be the season/ change of seasons can affect energy levels, Winter more people feel depressed, (grey days due to decreased sunlight hours), spring you get an influx of pollens and using more energy to do spring chores (gardens, lambing spring things) and so your body is tired physically but also from allergns, is also cold/ flu season to mixed in with hayfever season for good fun.

You're doing the right thing to go see your GP and get full blood screen just to check everything out.

I'm home sick atm had been feeling really tired for the past few weeks and then sinuses and cough decided to jump on me a couple of days ago. Seems to be doing the rounds up here in Whangarei, I know at least 4 different people who have had the same thing.
Good luck at the dr!

More
10 years 10 months ago #392106 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Pisa, am PMing you :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
10 years 10 months ago #392112 by stephclark
thanks organix.. i have long suspected the wheat thing ( bugger .. I love bread ).. it seems also be a matter of degree.. scones and white bread.. hopeless..but grainy bread ( vogals etc ).. not so bad...
high in fat.. ( yumyum )..cheese, milk etc.. nupe cant cope

soo fav weekend lunch.. cheese scones, followed by a 3 hour nap.. [;)]

oh well summer cometh.. salads and fresh veg and long warm days with plenty of sunny rays.. i'll bounce back... :)

i dont have a problem sleeping, its just i could happily do it for 20 hours a day.. :p :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #392115 by kaybe
Replied by kaybe on topic Feeling constantly tired!

Organix;386419 wrote: Classic food intolerance symptom [:0] Check out the story on Andy Murray here , and conventional blood tests will turn up nothing useful in most cases :confused:

That is interesting and echoes something I was reading last night, The GenoType Diet. There were some posts recently about how different blood groups should eat different diets, and I realised it was related to the book I had found at the 2nd hand shop and bought but never read. According to my 'genotype' (I'm a Hunter, apparently :D ) I should cut out foods with gluten, lectin (don't even know what that is) and dairy. Basically red meat, eggs, chicken, some fish, certain veges and fruit (not apples!:confused:) are my options. I can't imagine making such a huge change to my eating habits and being able to stick with it for life. Mind you, some of the other 'Genotypes' have even worse restrictions, so maybe being a Hunter isn't the worst option!

However, considering I'm only 44 and my blood pressure is still high despite meds, I've starting having episodes of arrhythmia, mild exertion makes my legs feel leaden, and my right hip joint is starting to ache a lot, maybe the author has a point. My blood is in for testing at the moment, but I bet they find nothing wrong, as they have before. :rolleyes: I haven't felt 'normal' either, for the last couple of years, so it's not seasonal for me.

Anyone else tried the GenoType Diet? Stephclark, sounds like you might benefit :D . Pisa, I hope you find an answer.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392116 by shad297
Replied by shad297 on topic Feeling constantly tired!

stephclark;386433 wrote: thanks organix.. i have long suspected the wheat thing ( bugger .. I love bread ).. it seems also be a matter of degree.. scones and white bread.. hopeless..but grainy bread ( vogals etc ).. not so bad...

oh well summer cometh.. salads and fresh veg and long warm days with plenty of sunny rays.. i'll bounce back... :)

i dont have a problem sleeping, its just i could happily do it for 20 hours a day.. :p :)

Steph - when I ate wheat (scones, muffins, bread etc) I too used to have to have a nap in the afternoons. Since I gave them up I no longer have the need! For me it's poison and wasn't doing me any good at all. I also gave up sugar (mostly) and I dropped 11kg and feel heaps better.
Getting Vit D levels checked too is important. Most of us are way way too low. I've been doing heaps of research over the last year on this one. We can't make Vit D3 in the winter (from mid north island down) even though 'they' say we can. Sun is the best source but of course we don't want to burn. It affects so many things in our health and protects against about 13 different cancers as well as depression and many more things.
Consuming calcium without enough Vit D (and magnesium) in the body is pointless.
Unfortunately most GPs are not terribly aware of the importance of this one but this is changing and there is definitely more awareness out there.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392131 by Organix

stephclark;386433 wrote: thanks organix.. i have long suspected the wheat thing ( bugger .. I love bread ).. it seems also be a matter of degree.. scones and white bread.. hopeless..but grainy bread ( vogals etc ).. not so bad...

It has to do with the degree of refining of the wheat. Flour/white bread is highly refined and devoid of the wheat 'germ' so it's protein (gluten) is rapidly absorbed whereas wholemeal breads are digested more slowly. This interview on Nat Radio a while back explains the shortcomings of modern bread in more detail [:0]

Similar differentiation occurs with dairy. Butter is mostly fat so less reaction than cheese or milk that comprises more protein.

NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 10 months ago #392136 by Organix

kaybe;386436 wrote: However, considering I'm only 44 and my blood pressure is still high despite meds, I've starting having episodes of arrhythmia, mild exertion makes my legs feel leaden, and my right hip joint is starting to ache a lot, maybe the author has a point. My blood is in for testing at the moment, but I bet they find nothing wrong, as they have before. :rolleyes: I haven't felt 'normal' either, for the last couple of years, so it's not seasonal for me.

Anyone else tried the GenoType Diet? Stephclark, sounds like you might benefit :D . Pisa, I hope you find an answer.

Sounds like you're an 'O', as am I, so can relate to your symptoms. Also in relation to your symptoms above:

High blood pressure - Often regulated by your kidneys and from my experience this can be lowered in minutes by visceral manipulation (of kidneys, liver, gall bladder by a practiced osteopath), though the effect will be shortlived if the underlying cause isn't addressed (e.g. dietary intolerances) as more toxins will accumulate otherwise.

Arrythmia/joint pain - Can be worsened or caused by the inflammatory markers generated by allergic responses.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392163 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Shad297 .. um i have met you a couple of times now ... :) um your one fit, healthy , very nice and good person :)
Stanley is lucky to have such a nice person for a mum :)

Pisa .. um Chronic Fatigue syndrom ?
PM wiltshire on here and ask about that ... they know :)

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
10 years 10 months ago #392166 by Xartep
Replied by Xartep on topic Feeling constantly tired!
I get a bit like that also Pisa, I was thinking it is an age thing, another year of '64 here [;)]

Stress is a big factor for me. As is what I eat, I also find that when I'm low I make bad (lazy) food choices so things get worse. [B)]

The viruses going around at the moment are rough, you may be keeping one of those at bay.[xx(]

I also find that these weird weather patterns are tiring. [;)]

But agree a visit to the Dr's is not a bad idea.

3 Cocker Spaniels, 1 Huntaway, 3 Cats, Goats, Sheep, Pigs, Cows, Ducks, Chickens, Bunnies - small petting zoo?:rolleyes::cool:

More
10 years 10 months ago #392176 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic Feeling constantly tired!
wait til daylite saving comes in next week then everybody tires.

More
10 years 10 months ago #392179 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Feeling constantly tired!
Given this is a health thread, this is going to sound daft to some but this also comes from years of farming.

Are you getting away from the property? No matter how happy we think we are, if you can look back and realize that you have not done anything else for the past two weeks - it is time to get out for at least a day. Family time off the farm, dinner out, girls night, quiz night - meaning a social outing that involves other people.

Time to create page: 0.231 seconds