Heat rash - treatment?

More
14 years 5 months ago #2861 by reggit
Well this is a new one on me! :( Noticed last night that had a rashy, bumpy surface to my upper arms, and then checked to find that it was covering almost all my upper body except face and hands! [:0]

This morning it is a bit worse, and starting to itch/prickle [xx(]

There are two things I can think it might be - reaction to a new washing powder, or heat rash. I've put on a t-shirt today that was washed when we were away so with a normal 'commercial' powder, so we'll see if that makes any difference...

If it gets worse, I'll be heading to the doc, heading in to the chemist soon to see what they can recommend for a bit of relief.

Anyone else out there had heat rash before? What's the best for soothing it?

Bloody heat/humidity!!

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 5 months ago #78160 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Heat rash - treatment?
Hives?

I would take antihistamines immediately. I had a heat rash start when I was training for the Oxfam 100km walk this time last year and ended up stuck with it...still can't use my spa without it starting up again :(

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
14 years 5 months ago #78169 by The Kats Place
Hope its not shingles

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
14 years 5 months ago #78178 by beedee
Replied by beedee on topic Heat rash - treatment?
tkp. Tiggs sez arms,so shingles only affects one side of the body...
yes to some antihistamine, but make sure its a low dose, keep cool and using baking soda when you wash down, helps neutralise the pH of the skin, most skin heat rashes occur where skin meets skin, so in the folds, rather than the open areas, unless you are slogging it out over 100k and the whole body is awash.. so using cotton and absorbant clothing helps..
doessound like ti could be the washing power and thatmay take some time to get out of the system... last thing one wants in this heat is a prickly heat rash:(

More
14 years 5 months ago #78181 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Heat rash - treatment?
Sounds as bad as fly-strike! [:O]

More
14 years 5 months ago #78241 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Heat rash - treatment?
Okay, started to get really itchy now [xx(]. Chemist has given me the Telfast formulation specifically for skin allergies/rashes/hives and I am trying to do the cooling off thing (as much as you can in this heat :() thank goodness I work from home and no co-workers to complain about my beach-like attire!! ;)

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
14 years 5 months ago #78288 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Heat rash - treatment?
tigger - the new soap powder isn't P***** aloe vera is it? My ex would break out if I used anything other than Persil Low Suds. I later purchased P***** Aloe Vera and boy did I have a reaction. Just as you describe. Just a thought.

More
14 years 5 months ago #78289 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Heat rash - treatment?
No, ironically its an eco-friendly product that has less additives than the others!! [:0]:D I'm not going to blame it on that just yet though...

More
14 years 5 months ago #78418 by 4trees
Replied by 4trees on topic Heat rash - treatment?
Hi Tigger, pop into the chemist and pick up some Pinetarsel it is a brownish liquid, not too expensive, you just use a couple of capfuls in a bath or over the body in the shower. Very helpful for itchy skin, chicken pox, exzema etc. If you need to cool down, pop some in a bath, coolish in temperature then whenever you feel itchy put a little more warm water in to warm it a little then submerge the body, and I will guarantee it will help you for several hours. It is great for rashes etc. Soothes them well. Cheers

Cheers
http:treeandshrub.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds