Hermitism or reclusavism

More
10 years 9 months ago #28541 by spoook
I have no idea if they are even words but I am sure the situations exist.
I am turning into living proof.

I am now working from home, getting behind now that we are kidding [:I]. Who wants to sit behind a desk when there are does and kids, especially the newborns, to play with?

I now have no need to leave the property except for grocery shopping once in a blue moon. I save petrol and wear and tear on my vehicle, time travelling, time deciding what to wear for work, time slapping on that face we "keep in the jar by the door" and I am sure a miriad of other things my tired brain will not extend to.
So......... if I am saving all this time, where is it?

Oh, did I mention..... the grocery shopping, the only reason I ever seem to leave home..... I have relented and now do it online and it is delivered to the door. I have a personal shopper :D [:0] ... and all I pay is about $20 for the service. [}:)]

So, if anyone is coming this way, feel free to call in, just watch out for the troll under the bridge.........................................

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #390035 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Hermitism or reclusavism

spoook;384117 wrote:

Oh that's easy to answer. [}:)]

"Who wants to sit behind a desk when there are does and kids, especially the newborns, to play with?" :D

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 9 months ago #390044 by powerguy
Replied by powerguy on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
The problem with this lifestyle is that when you do go to town and see the noise, litter, graffiti, the boy racers with the stereos going "BOOM tsh tsh Boom tsh tsh" - it just makes you want to get back home and not go to town at all! This can lead to becoming anti-social.

Mind you, once I turned 50 my SIL told me I was now officially a GOM - Grumpy Old Man so may that is my problem!

Renewable power systems - hydro, wind and solar.
Grid tie and off grid (stand alone)
www.poweron.kiwi.nz

More
10 years 9 months ago #390046 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Hermitism or reclusavism

spoook;384117 wrote: I have no idea if they are even words but I am sure the situations exist.
I am turning into living proof.

I am now working from home, getting behind now that we are kidding [:I]. Who wants to sit behind a desk when there are does and kids, especially the newborns, to play with?

I now have no need to leave the property except for grocery shopping once in a blue moon. I save petrol and wear and tear on my vehicle, time travelling, time deciding what to wear for work, time slapping on that face we "keep in the jar by the door" and I am sure a miriad of other things my tired brain will not extend to.

Oh, did I mention..... the grocery shopping, the only reason I ever seem to leave home..... I have relented and now do it online and it is delivered to the door. I have a personal shopper :D [:0] ... and all I pay is about $20 for the service. [}:)]

So, if anyone is coming this way, feel free to call in, just watch out for the troll under the bridge.........................................

Join the club Spoook ...or should that be welcome to the club ..mind you I do still go into the big smoke (Dannevirke:o[:I][:0]:p) to shop ...have not yet mastered the internet shopping idea[;)]
Oh and think of all the money saved on clothes ...no longer a neccessity!!!!!!.............opps that should read GOOD clothes!
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
10 years 9 months ago #390047 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
Spook, we may just be heading your way end of November, so will have to get in touch as to which cave you are living in!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
10 years 9 months ago #390049 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
If you get up this way Sue, I will make sure the cave gets dusted and all the goats moved out. [:I] Could even lay down some fresh hay for bedding [;)]

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
10 years 9 months ago #390210 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
Nesting GOOD! :D :D :D Especially when nesting with no babies LOL

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
10 years 9 months ago #390254 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
I just say that I am happy in my hermitude. :D

More
10 years 9 months ago #390267 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
For most of us it will probably remain an impossible dream.

More
10 years 9 months ago #390570 by sundaysbest
I'll still visit as soon as I can, even if you are turning Hermitty... :p
Sundays :D

More
10 years 9 months ago #390599 by GloPony
Replied by GloPony on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
I know just how you feel! I'm home alone for most of the week, just me & the animals. I even keep a stash of powdered milk so I don't have to go to the local store & it can be days before I venture off the property (& then it's only 2kms down the road to feed friends' horses).

I get panic attacks when I head into Auckland now! Auckland supermarket?? NO WAY!!! Dargaville isn't too bad (lots of parking & no traffic lights) but Whangarei takes a couple of weeks of psyching myself in preparation. If it wasn't for needing horse feed, I probably wouldn't go! :(

I'm quite happy to be a hermit but seems others consider it 'odd'.

More
10 years 9 months ago #390607 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
ha ha glopony.. i know the feeling and live in auckland.. i dread driving anywhere but straight to work and back.. big effort event to go the local four square.. :D

More
10 years 9 months ago #390612 by Ghilly
Replied by Ghilly on topic Hermitism or reclusavism

sundaysbest;384734 wrote: I'll still visit as soon as I can, even if you are turning Hermitty... :p
Sundays :D

Us too Spoook! We owe you a visit!

Yakut

More
10 years 9 months ago #390619 by Cinsara
Replied by Cinsara on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
I'm a recluse too, I used to drive from South Auckland into the central city for work every day and think nothing of it, now when I have to go to Woofles in Pukekohe I get irritated about all the cars and people. I remember I had to go to the manukau Super Clinic a couple of months back and they had put in a whole new off ramp to the Airport since I was there last :D

>

More
10 years 9 months ago #390766 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic Hermitism or reclusavism
LOL Cinsara...
the motorways in auckland now are a complete mystery to me..i had to find Greenhithe from the city... started to suspect something was amiss when i passed a sign saying ' welcome to rodney'.. couldnt get off the new M.Way till silverdale!
needless to say i went back down the old SH1 that i know..

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds