All the best

More
12 years 9 months ago #28523 by Stikkibeek
All the best was created by Stikkibeek
For the New Zealand Equestrian team who are competing in the 50th anniversary of the Burghley Horse trials.

Dressage Competition begins tonight (our time)

Here's the cross country map which is expected to take 11 minutes (if no errors) to complete

New Zealanders, Mark Todd, Blyth Tait, Andrew Nicholsen and last year’s winners Caroline Powell are all competing

Attached files
File Attachment:

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #389723 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic All the best
Can we watch it anywhere? I don't have Sky (why would you?) but Freeview maybe? Chance would be a fine thing. I can get Trackside so there maybe? Not rugby - nowhere?

More
12 years 9 months ago #389742 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic All the best
All I could find on local network was
Sky Sports, New ZealandSaturday 10 September 2011: 11.00-12.30: Sky Sports 2Sunday 11 September 2011: 10.30-12.00: Sky Sports 3Wednesday 14 September 2011: 23.30 - 01.00: Sky Sports 1Thursday 15 September 2011: 08.30-10.00: Sky Sports 1However There is going to be Free to view video available from Burghley TV at this link www.burghley.tv/ so with a bit of luck we may be able to get someting, but I suspect our computers even at NZ broadband speed won't be fast enough.

You can see the video clip of Winner Caroline Powell's great cross country ride on this clip. vimeo.com/15023657
Take notice of the beautiful bold jump over the parallel bars following the water. I think it's jump number 14. After a delay on the course Caroline still rode in with something like 20 seconds to spare, so she was spot on.

More
12 years 9 months ago #389818 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic All the best
BurghleyTV on internet???? Maybe local only......

More
12 years 9 months ago #389852 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic All the best

witheze;383898 wrote: BurghleyTV on internet???? Maybe local only......

Oh No! You can get it. I've just been watching Andrew's dressage. Go to the "watch now" button on the top of the page and click. It opens a blank screen and a couple of boxes where you can choose who to watch. Of course it isn't live transmission, but who cares. At least it's better than not being able to see it at all, or putting up with edited highlights.

Andrew's dressage was a bit unsteady in places, but over all pretty good, and the jusdges must have thought so too to put him in second place.

Time to create page: 0.139 seconds