NZ shopping bags and lined cooler bags

More
16 years 3 months ago #78339 by Valmai
MY gripe! I love love love Golden Circle fruit salad. It is quite simply the best ever made. No one stocks it anymore. I dont buy fruit salad any more.[V][V][V]

Carbon-based biological unit.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #78341 by The Kats Place
I had my chilly bag at countdown the other day as well as the other types of bags. The check out girl started packing tinned stuff in the chilly bag so I asked her not to as there was fresh and frozen stuff to go in there and I took the tins out myself and put them in one of the other bags I had with me. The little madam looked me straight in the eye and took the tins out of the bag I had used and stacked them back in the chilly bag!!! So I picked up my bags and my purse and left the shop. Of course the manager was in hot pursuit as I got into my car. I had left an order of more that $100 at the counter unpaid for. So I explained what had happened and that if the checkout operator considered she had more say on how I transported the goods than I did then she was welcome to them.
He grovelled, I returned to the store, paid for my goods, packed by him to my requirements, and left with a lovely bottle of wine and a very nice apology from a very red faced young lady.
I don't very often make a stand about things, but this one got right up my nose.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 3 months ago #78344 by sod
like Oakhenge Farm we can get them in w/w here, thanks to this thread we went and got one today.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
16 years 3 months ago #78348 by max2

quote:Originally posted by The Kats Place

I had my chilly bag at countdown the other day as well as the other types of bags. The check out girl started packing tinned stuff in the chilly bag so I asked her not to as there wa fresh and frozen stuff to go in there and i took the tins out myself and pu them in one of the other bags I had with me. The little madam looked me straight in the eye and took the tins out of the bag I had used and stacked them back in the chilly bag!!! So I picked up my bags and my purse and left the shop. Of course the manager was in hot pursuit as I got into my car. I had left an order of more that $100 at the counter unpaid for. So I explained what had happened and that if the checkout operator considered she had more say on how I transported the goods than I did then she was welcome to them.
He grovelled, I returned to the store, paid for my goods, packed by him to my requirements, and left with a lovely bottle of wine and a very nice apology from a very red faced young lady.
I don't very often make a stand about things, but this one got right up my nose.

Excellent, good on YOU!

More
16 years 3 months ago #78349 by max2

quote:Originally posted by Valmai

MY gripe! I love love love Golden Circle fruit salad. It is quite simply the best ever made. No one stocks it anymore. I dont buy fruit salad any more.[V][V][V]

I can always post you some, sure its still on the shelves at my local in NSW...

If it means anything, we used to be able to get Griffins biscuits and L & P through our woollies, not any more...

More
16 years 3 months ago #78371 by betenoir
Good on ya Kats Place..have done similar things myself on a fairly regular basis an regard it as the 'customer' educating the retailer to their requirements..One good thing about having several supermarkets within range is I can choose where to spend my hard earned money. Stroppy and rude staff will see me heading for the exit (basket abandoned) via a managers earhole :p .

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] BAAAAAAAAA

More
16 years 2 months ago #78443 by foodie
My daughter worked as a "check out chick" during her high school years and the stories about customers ........laugh!! Requesting that different products are placed in different bags is nothing! If you don't get reasonable service then I would take your issues directly to management. On saying that, the kids do get a rather raw deal. Every time my daughters till was out more than $2 was noted. Third time was the door. Not a job I would like to do full time.

More
16 years 2 months ago #78458 by GloPony
Over here in West Auckland they'd be stuffed if you asked them to wrap anything as they just physically can't do it. They have nothing available to them to wrap stuff with.

It annoys me too. Once upon a time, even the local dairy wrapped your frozen items so they didn't melt by the time you got home. It seems this practise went by the wayside with the good old brown paper shopping bags.

Admittedly, all of our supermarkets now 'sell' the cooler bags but newspaper was free & disposable.

More
16 years 2 months ago #78488 by Nancy F
I kind of like going to Pack-N-Save because if you use the 'charge and go' (don't think that's the right name but it's something like that) you can pack as you go around the supermarket and then they have exactly what you want in which bag.. I don't like too much in each bag because they are quite large and heavy to lift....

If you don't fill your wine bag (yeh, right...!!;))each compartment takes two cans of food beautifully so they are a very handy bag... as for wrapping.. I've had checkout operators wrap bottles of wine (in the days prior to the neat little bags) without being asked... !!!!! Palmerston North staff are pretty good..

I always offer to lift the bags for the checkout people because me lifting three or four bags a week is nothing when they probably lift hundreds a day.. I hate to think what they are doing to their backs... :(

Nancy

More
16 years 2 months ago #79352 by jeannielea
According to my daughter in Wellington, she was told at a New World there, that if a customer asks for a product, they are obliged to get it. And at our fairly new Pak n Save here in Masterton, I put in a request for eco type laundry products and while it may not have been due to me, they now stock them. So Swaggie, ask for brands you want! I also use my shopping bags wherever I go and no-one has ever complained about them not being their brand.

More
16 years 2 months ago #79359 by max2
Out of interest who owns the NZ New Worlds' there? In Aussie they used to be associated with our Coles, thus in some areas, Coles New World, who are just as bad as woolies, but also in direct competition.
Our local newish Coles are very keen on promoting their own label product, which doesn't necessarily means it comes from Aussie growers. (or even kiwi ones, I can't buy Logan Farms peas in there which are Kiwi).

More
16 years 2 months ago #79374 by debnjohn

quote:Originally posted by swaggie

Out of interest who owns the NZ New Worlds' there? In Aussie they used to be associated with our Coles, thus in some areas, Coles New World, who are just as bad as woolies, but also in direct competition.
Our local newish Coles are very keen on promoting their own label product, which doesn't necessarily means it comes from Aussie growers. (or even kiwi ones, I can't buy Logan Farms peas in there which are Kiwi).

Same company as owns Pak'n'Save

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" Albert Einstein

More
16 years 2 months ago #79376 by debnjohn
We used to have a local New World, but it was closed down when a large Pak'n'Save opened nearby. I didn't realise it was the same parent company at the time - Foodstuffs.
Foodstuffs also own Four Square, On the Spot, Shoprite, Write Price, Duffy & Finn's and Henry’s Beer, Wine & Spirits. Big company.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" Albert Einstein

More
16 years 2 months ago #79389 by sod
All New world, Pak'N sav', 4 Square Are locally privately owned but buy in through Foodstuffs.You will find the old New World owners now own Pak n Sav same as here. Theres another I think called Shop Rite we have one here too All have shares in Foodstuffs I think.

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
16 years 2 months ago #79399 by The Kats Place
totally of the subject but do any of you shop at binn inn - how do you find their products and prices compare?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

Time to create page: 0.144 seconds