Roof shout

More
12 years 7 months ago #389664 by igor
Replied by igor on topic Roof shout
I've gone off Speights a bit now that it's Japanese owned. Somehow it just doesn't taste the same. So much for guarding Pacific's Triple Star.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #389666 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Roof shout
Ex-BIL from Yorkshire had similar views on Guinness, that doesn't taste the same since they stopped putting the dead cow in the vat :D

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
12 years 7 months ago #389667 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Roof shout
Congrats Kate :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• Rod LSB
12 years 7 months ago #389677 by Rod LSB
Replied by Rod LSB on topic Roof shout
Congradulations , Hope your buying plenty of wine for yourself Kate, have a good one, Cheers R

More
12 years 7 months ago #389679 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Roof shout
Oh yes, Rod, there's plenty of wine for me :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #389681 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Roof shout
tui

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
12 years 7 months ago #389715 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Roof shout
Congratulations on the roof Kate. You must be so excited that the end is in sight. :D

Beer is a funny thing - I was at a luncheon where the usual beers weren't available but one that was on the list was Steinlager Pure. The guys were all pulling faces until I asked them if they had tried it. No. DiDi getting a bit more insistent suggested that they did and do I need to carry on? Plenty of satisfied guys saying "This is GOOD".

It is the only one I have in my house so they drink that or go without (yeah right) BUT that is not why I have it. It makes an amazing shandy which I like so there! :D

More
12 years 7 months ago #389718 by PalmyCol
Replied by PalmyCol on topic Roof shout
Good news Kate, quite a milestone :)
As for the shout when we had them it was only beer and a fair amount of it. There has been many blind taste tests that prove people who will only drink brand X and can't stand any others, have no idea which one they are drinking if the labels are not visible. People can tell the difference between types like larger and ale but not within types, all pure marketing.
You could provide a few nibbles but usually just a few beers are the go.
Farmer53 has the right idea but if there is 4 guys they will probably all give you 4 different answers :rolleyes: just buy what the boss drinks :D

More
12 years 7 months ago #389731 by skyline_glenn
Replied by skyline_glenn on topic Roof shout
Some nice nibbles always goes down well, thats what I usually go for rather than the drink as I wont drink if I am driving. Remember they will all have to drive home, and for some free beer is too much of a temptation.

Glenn

More
12 years 7 months ago #389735 by MooandPop
Replied by MooandPop on topic Roof shout
from a builder - beer and chips, and some ginger beer for non drinkers. Cheers!!

More
12 years 7 months ago #389741 by Toast
Replied by Toast on topic Roof shout
Don't forget the train smash (tomato sauce or Tuimato if they're Tui drinkers).

Congrats on the roof. Thought you were still hut only.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
12 years 7 months ago #389803 by reggit
Replied by reggit on topic Roof shout

DiDi;383789 wrote: Congratulations on the roof Kate. You must be so excited that the end is in sight. :D

Beer is a funny thing - I was at a luncheon where the usual beers weren't available but one that was on the list was Steinlager Pure. The guys were all pulling faces until I asked them if they had tried it. No. DiDi getting a bit more insistent suggested that they did and do I need to carry on? Plenty of satisfied guys saying "This is GOOD".

It is the only one I have in my house so they drink that or go without (yeah right) BUT that is not why I have it. It makes an amazing shandy which I like so there! :D

Steinlager Edge was my find of the year - low alcohol, low carb beer but I'd challenge anyone to taste the difference if they didn't know there was one! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
12 years 7 months ago #389833 by kate
I will post a photo some time soon.....the roof is on, the cladding is mostly on and the doors and windows are lined up ready to go :D :D

Web Goddess

More
12 years 7 months ago #389844 by Lindeggs
Replied by Lindeggs on topic Roof shout
And how did the shout go? No complaints about beer brands I hope? :rolleyes:

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Missing my lovely chooks

More
12 years 7 months ago #389847 by kate
The roof shout is tonight....we've got at least three different types of beer but I can't remember which [:I] We have sausages and ham steaks for the bbq and chips and dips :D :D

Web Goddess

Time to create page: 0.140 seconds