Is this a big trailer?

More
10 years 10 months ago #28493 by skyline_glenn
Siemens have just delivered the first of 4 transformers for the new DC converter at haywards. They closed SH2 and the Haywards hill road on Sunday night to bring it in. The transformer weighed 236,500 kgs, the trucks are 600hp 1 at each end and each of the 2 trailers has 208 wheels. It took approx 2 hrs from Petone to Haywards. Once installed the transformers will have about 90,000kg of oil installed

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #389284 by Huggiechook
Replied by Huggiechook on topic Is this a big trailer?
Yeah I biked past where they had them stashed in Petone on Monday last week. I was wondering what those monstrous lumps of metal were.

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
10 years 10 months ago #389296 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic Is this a big trailer?
They did something similar up here a few years ago. Had to build some special little bypass roads to avoid some bridges, like the old s bend one at Manurewa on the GSR and another under one of the motorway bridges just south of Drury. I'm a bit thin on details now, but I think it was heading for the power station at Huntly.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 10 months ago #389302 by sod
Replied by sod on topic Is this a big trailer?
Answer is yes they are big!!!!!!!! where did they come from and whose trucks thanks for the photos

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
10 years 10 months ago #389316 by skyline_glenn
The trucks and trailers are tranzcarr from Auckland, but when we had a tour of pole2 I was told that tranzpower had the trailers built when pole2 was built to bring in the transformers for that, so not sure who ownes them. The transformers have come from Siemens in Germany. About 10million dollars each from what I heard.

Glenn

More
10 years 10 months ago #389333 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Is this a big trailer?
From what I understood, the Pole2 trailers were sold to the next power company overseas who had to move a mega transformer, who then sold it on to the next...

Maybe they came home for a holiday

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds