I'm on bedrest and BORED - so here's a Friday funny

More
10 years 10 months ago #28424 by reggit
...while reading my favourite blog on Stuff (Moana's) I found this link, classic!

www.passiveaggressivenotes.com/

Enjoy :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388546 by kaybe
You're on bedrest? Do I need to bring coffee and croissants?

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388550 by reggit
Noooo, isolation, I'm afraid...been sick as a dog last 36 hours, first I worried it was measles (rash shows a few days after these sorts of symptoms apparently so am keeping an eye out for that) as I have only once been as sick as this, when I had chickenpox as an adult...and there have been measles going round Waikato...

But the clinic nurse tells me that there is an unidentified bug 'roaring through Hamilton' (her words) with same symptoms, they have two of their doctors down with it and all she can suggest is isolation, bedrest, lots of fluid and regular panadol.

Fever broke last night, after a 24 hour headache the likes of which I never want to experience again :( feeling much better but still off my food (shock, horror!) and very washed out.

Thank goodness for the internet!! Bored but not cabin-fevered yet...

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
10 years 10 months ago #388554 by kaybe
Oh you poor thing! I must say I'm glad you weren't incubating it when I saw you on Tuesday [;)]

I hope you feel better soon.

Tomorrow is the day I will stop procrastinating.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388555 by reggit
Hate to say it but...I think I saw you on Wednesday, and Wednesday night is when it started [:I]

More
10 years 10 months ago #388556 by kate
Here is another to keep you amused...

notalwaysright.com/

Web Goddess

More
10 years 10 months ago #388646 by Stikkibeek
Tigger a bug that is characterised with a wicked headache has gone through the school where I work. One teacher was down to just 7 pupils in her class last week. Fortunately it doesn't seem to last very long, but the headaches may linger for a while.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 10 months ago #388647 by Anne
I love those websites - and I am sick at the moment too.

Not staying long on here - I'd rather be sleeping. I've been yukky all week and yes there is concern about measles - especially as I am probably not immunised (parents forgot that sort of thing) and I live in the middle of the outbreak. I don't think I have measles - not enough of a fever, but not allowed to see patients so came home and slept all afternoon - with the weird dreams I have when I have a mild temperature.

You should also try damnyouautocorrect.com
Sorry, can't get the link to work - but be careful about this one. I have been laughing so hard that I was crying, while sitting alone in my house. Throat os too sore to laugh that hard at the moment, so I will postpone it for a few days.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388653 by Andrea1
Thanks for both of those! Can so relates, tigger, and I'm sorry you've been unwell. Been off farm chores for the last 2 weeks now, first time in forever that I can't do what I usually do, and hate it. Get bored and then tired, and surf the 'net and watch stoopid things on TV. I am not very good at doing 'nothing'..... Hope you're feeling better soon!

More
10 years 10 months ago #388683 by reggit
So much for bedrest...up most of day worrying about ewe and now up most of night feeding little one until her mum hopefully is in a state to do so tomorrow...at least feeling somewhat better than yesterday...

Anne, apparently the measles shots in the States (where I had mine) from 1963 to 1967 (when I had mine!) weren't effective, so a double worry with that floating around for me too!

Andrea, know what you mean about not being good doing nothing... :D

Time to create page: 0.197 seconds