Guerilla Glue - How to Get it Off Fingers Clothes

More
10 years 10 months ago #28389 by Toast
I know we should have worn gloves & I know I shouldn't have worn my good Fairydown jacket when assembling hiveware at Bee Club but .....

How do you get it off your fingers?

How will I get it off my down jacket?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388227 by Huggiechook
Sounds like you are up for some guerrilla warfare. (;o)

Quarter Acre with Veggie Garden, Fruit trees, Berry bushes, Chicken run, Mushroom farm, Playground - and yes I manage to live there too [;)]

More
10 years 10 months ago #388229 by kiwi_jon
Use acetone e.g nail polish remover to remove gorilla glue from hands. Acetone will also remove oils from the skin so use a moisturiser afterwards. Failing that it will eventually wear off.

The clothing is a different matter. It is almost impossible to remove dried glue without damaging the garment.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388231 by WillEyre
If it's "Gorilla Glue' you are talking about there is an Ados (also a gluemaker) product named Solvent N.
It is available in pretty much any hardware store. It is great all-round solvent for many different of the chemical formulations that are hard to remove.
Gorilla glue will wear off your fingers in a day or two.
Solvent N may do the job on your clothing. It removes it pretty well before the glue is properly set and I have had some success even with dried glue, provided the glue isn't too thick.
Ed

I liked Occam's Razor so much, I bought the company.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388233 by Organix

WillEyre;382159 wrote: If it's "Gorilla Glue' you are talking about .......
Ed

Nope, definitely the terrorist strength 'Guerilla Glue' as described in the WMD manual [;)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 10 months ago #388241 by WillEyre

Organix;382161 wrote: Nope, definitely the terrorist strength 'Guerilla Glue' as described in the WMD manual [;)]

Well, I'll be a Guerilla's Uncle.
Sorry - for a moment I thought you guys had a genuine problem and I was being helpful.
Ed

More
10 years 10 months ago #388247 by LongRidge
A note from the Self-Appointed ex-Spelling Checker.
Ed, Toast has used Spellcheck, which everyone should do because we don't appreciate incorrect grammar and spelling on this site. Your suggestion is noted, and is helpful :-)

More
10 years 10 months ago #388251 by WillEyre

LongRidge;382175 wrote: A note from the Self-Appointed ex-Spelling Checker.
Ed, Toast has used Spellcheck, which everyone should do because we don't appreciate incorrect grammar and spelling on this site. Your suggestion is noted, and is helpful :-)

Now. Let me get this right.
From reading through the contributions it struck to me that spelling and grammar were far from being priorities.
So you are the 'Self-appointed ex-spelling checker'?
Shouldn't that read, the 'Ex self-appointed Spelling Checker'?
Ed
ps. I fail to see how a spellcheck would deliver a guerilla from a gorilla.

More
10 years 10 months ago #388258 by Organix
Resume... [;)]

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
10 years 10 months ago #388335 by Toast
I was flying on memory re the spelling as the glue containers have gone back to the home of the fellow who organised the whole working bee. I was fairly sure that the spelling on the label was guerilla. Didn't have time to check via Google & look for the product as I was in a rush to get to an appointment.

Nail polish remover/acetone hasn't worked in the past.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
10 years 10 months ago #388340 by LongRidge
Ed, the Chief Grammatist had a holiday for a while, and for a while I appointed myself to take her task. She then returned, perhaps because I wasn't doing the job to the standard required :-). So I became the ex-Spelling Checker. As far as I know .... I have never been ex-Self Appointed. So, I maintain/suggest/ consider/think/might be (your choice) that I am correct and you are incorrect.
With regards to the present quality of the grammar, I think that the Chief Grammatist may be taking a low-keyed approach at the moment. Presently (as in "at the present") she is just giving friendly reminders to wayward contributors, to try to persuade those contributors that their queries will get a better response if their grammar is better able to be comprehended. This is in contradistinction to some of her earlier remonstrations. :-)

More
10 years 10 months ago #388367 by sod
Don't pick on my granma or else

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds