Brand of Socks ?

More
17 years 3 months ago #282 by ccrk9
Brand of Socks ? was created by ccrk9
Ok all you hard working women (or men with small feet:D) - can anyone please tell me a brand of socks that I'm not going to wear thru in a matter of days after buying [?][?]

Have tried all the cheapies and med priced brands (W'house etc) and am now going to have to move up to Norsewear (have had b4 and they lasted for years under gumboots when I was working in kennels)but they are rather expensive.

Its not just my little feet - you should see how quick DH can ruin a pair with his size 13 feet!:D

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42471 by Kiwi303
Replied by Kiwi303 on topic Brand of Socks ?
go to farmlands and ask the nice ppl there. you want a merino wool/nylon blend :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
17 years 3 months ago #42472 by witheze
Replied by witheze on topic Brand of Socks ?
I have just been to Farmers and bought 4 different pair from $29.95 downwards,so can help you next year.:D Have special marked the dear ones. Farmers had a 20% discount. In the past I bought Norsewear and at R.D .1 and they all lasted well, but they didn't have 20% off .

More
17 years 3 months ago #42473 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Brand of Socks ?
Spoook here........
Norsewear socks are the best! You can contact the shop on the net and they will tell you what they may have in "seconds". They will even mail them to you.
If you can tolerate shorter socks try the Warehouse "Simply" brand. They have them in cream and navy, $6.99 and $5.99 respectively. These seem to last for ages.

Web Goddess

More
17 years 3 months ago #42491 by powerguy
Replied by powerguy on topic Brand of Socks ?
Try www.thesocklady.co.nz , This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 0800 484 376. I bought some and they are great. Not the cheapest but nice feeling. They have an elastic bit around the arch to stop them creeping down in gumboots. NZ made too. A range of styles from shorties to extra long for the high gummies.

My below the knee ones were $35 for three pair. Blended wool (80/20) with nylon reinforcing at heel & toe with lycra top band.

Renewable power systems - hydro, wind and solar.
Grid tie and off grid (stand alone)
www.poweron.kiwi.nz

More
17 years 3 months ago #42493 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Brand of Socks ?
Ah a subject close to my heart (and toes;))!!! Buying those cheap socks is false economy. Norsewear at $10 a pair is better value than 10 pair of cheapies at $1. I dont remember the brand name but I got a pair of "Gumboot socks" free with a new pair of gummies. They were ticketed at $19.95 and they are worth every cent I would have paid for them;). And I will pay full price if/when these wear out.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42498 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Brand of Socks ?
I get the ones from kathmandu when they are on sale, they are great, don't fall down and last about 6 months of continuous wear before getting holes - just in time for the next sale!

More
17 years 3 months ago #42512 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic Brand of Socks ?

quote:Originally posted by Valmai

Ah a subject close to my heart (and toes;))!!! Buying those cheap socks is false economy. Norsewear at $10 a pair is better value than 10 pair of cheapies at $1. I dont remember the brand name but I got a pair of "Gumboot socks" free with a new pair of gummies. They were ticketed at $19.95 and they are worth every cent I would have paid for them;). And I will pay full price if/when these wear out.

Norsewear at $10 a pair - I wish! The local shops are dearer than that but will check out Farmlands and other suggestions everyone has made.Trouble is I'm a bit funny about socks as they must be very soft fitting around the top as I have had a couple of DVTs and have to take care of my circulation - it they are to firm I swell up which is not good if you have had a DVT.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42513 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Brand of Socks ?
Norsewear at $10 a pair - I wish! ... Just goes to show how long they last!!! Thats what I paid the last time I had to buy some.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42521 by Ronney
Replied by Ronney on topic Brand of Socks ?
For a little person, I'm hard on both socks and footwear and 30 years ago settled on Holeproof Explorer and I'll get 10 years plus wear out of them. They're not cheap but they last the distance. What's more they make them in little sizes. They are the only work sock I can buy in a size 3 but the likes of Farmers don't stock them that small and I buy them through a mailing company.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
17 years 3 months ago #42537 by Youngfarmer
Replied by Youngfarmer on topic Brand of Socks ?

quote:Originally posted by Kate

Spoook here........
Norsewear socks are the best! You can contact the shop on the net and they will tell you what they may have in "seconds". They will even mail them to you.
If you can tolerate shorter socks try the Warehouse "Simply" brand. They have them in cream and navy, $6.99 and $5.99 respectively. These seem to last for ages.

i agree:) but dnt get the cream colour...they dnt stay that colour:(

Never enough hours in a day:)

More
17 years 3 months ago #42539 by ccrk9
Replied by ccrk9 on topic Brand of Socks ?
hmm I was just working out the age of my 2 surviving pairs of Norsewear -

I bought the cream pair that have just developed holes when I was working as a kennel person in 1987 !! so I guess I have had my monies worth there:D and the big thick pair of fleck socks that I got at the same time are still going but they are so thick I cant get them under gumboots.[V]

Norsewear here I come:D

More
17 years 3 months ago #42546 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Brand of Socks ?
Sometime after 10pm two nights ago, I followed the link listed a few posts up and ordered some socks, and this afternoon they arrived at my door! So, I shall be able to tell you, hopefully at some distant date when we've all forgotten this thread, that they're still going strong!

More
17 years 3 months ago #42560 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Brand of Socks ?

quote:Originally posted by powerguy

Try www.thesocklady.co.nz , This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. or 0800 484 376. I bought some and they are great. Not the cheapest but nice feeling. They have an elastic bit around the arch to stop them creeping down in gumboots. NZ made too. A range of styles from shorties to extra long for the high gummies.

My below the knee ones were $35 for three pair. Blended wool (80/20) with nylon reinforcing at heel & toe with lycra top band.

Thankyou for the link, they look good! Will order some soon.

More
17 years 3 months ago #42564 by Isla
Replied by Isla on topic Brand of Socks ?
The Staff and I are wearing ours today, very comfortably. :)

Time to create page: 0.183 seconds