about time as well

More
10 years 11 months ago #28108 by rob
about time as well was created by rob
Tenants at nearly 400 state houses have been kicked out in the past three years for lying about their circumstances.

Housing Minister Phil Heatley said investigations had uncovered 397 cases in which tenants failed to advise Housing New Zealand (HNZ) about income from employment, business interests, assets, that they lived with a partner, or they sublet their tenancy.

give people a max time of 5 years

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #385156 by sod
Replied by sod on topic about time as well
Heard that, there are also ones that take in a lot of boarders they need to keep a close eye on the tenants

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
10 years 11 months ago #385165 by kate
Replied by kate on topic about time as well
Please don't troll the lsb forums...

Web Goddess

More
10 years 11 months ago #385188 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic about time as well
Article of TV news last night showed really substandard conditions in a boarding house. Have to feel a bit sorry for people who end up in such places. Often they don't have the means to get into better accommodation and in that case the owners were clearly ripping off those vulnerable people.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
10 years 11 months ago #385193 by sod
Replied by sod on topic about time as well
Kate is that trolling remark aimed at me if so why?? I try to help don't join in stupid mud throwing matches

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
10 years 11 months ago #385197 by kate
The troll comment was aimed at Rob, not you...

Web Goddess

More
10 years 11 months ago #385213 by Farmer53
Replied by Farmer53 on topic about time as well
those bording houses were hideous. the orignil idea of state house was a steping stone to ownig your own place, Seems it isnt any more it is a life style now a days

More
10 years 11 months ago #385281 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic about time as well
Kate - I have struggled with your response to Rob all day as my interpretation of "trolling" is setting up something deliberately provocative that will cause a problem for other but I can't see why Rob's thread was called trolling. We are going into an election and I am only too well aware of the political persuasions of our members (I could probably produce a fairly accurate list) but for the first time in three years, we have an election and the outcome will affect all of us.

Goodness knows I could tell you about 72 properties paid for by Housing New Zealand in the Orakei area that no "needy" person could get into without being whanau, so I would invite you or anyone else on this site to post some links to political discussion that we can join. I am just not sure why (bearing in mind I am aware of previous political stouches) that you jumped on Rob for raising an issue that is real. One thing that is transparently obvious (I'm sure to you as well) is the shut down of any real political discussion in this country. The demise of TV7 shortly would be a perfect example. Shouldn't we be able as LSB family to discuss the ramifications of things like what you will choose in the referendum of MMP etc. Hidden information is not going to hit the front page of the Herald, Stuff or any other easily accessible media so why not have it here?

More
10 years 11 months ago #385285 by kate
Hi DiDi

From Wikipedia

In Internet slang , a troll is someone who posts inflammatory, [2] extraneous , or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum, chat room, or blog, with the primary intent of provoking readers into an emotional response [3] or of otherwise disrupting normal on-topic discussion.

I know the election is coming up but there are any number of forums in NZ where people can vent their political opinions and prejudices...this is not one of them. The forums here are to discuss lifestyle farming in a wide sense, rural living and anything else non-inflammatory within reason.

If someone posts a one-off political thread, with a strong political bias, then we'll usually let it go. When it happens more than once then it is trolling. Why post on this forum that it's 'about time' that tenants were thrown out of their houses for lying?

I think you know that I am also very interested in politics and absolutely agree that the level of political discussion and understanding in NZ is dire but this is not a political forum. There are lots of political forums (or fora) out there.

Actually, I don't think that most Internet discussion does much to improve political understanding. The anonymity of the keyboard seems to allow posters to be viciously partisan and to feel free to attack opposing posters in the most irrational way. You only have to look at the Stuff or NZ Herald comments to see this.

Political blogs where discussion is informative and enlightening (sometimes) include:
www.kiwiblog.co.nz/
and from that blog:
Right Blogs
Centre Blogs
Left Blogs
There is public discussion....I just don't see lsb as being a political forum.

Cheers
Kate

Web Goddess

More
10 years 11 months ago #385288 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic about time as well
Thanks Kate - I will shift my political frustration. I probably spend more time personally reading interest.co.nz, Gareth Morgan Investments etc in my ignorant attempts to try and understand the financial situation we are living with but will now go and investigate the sites you have posted. I consider myself apolitical having lost faith with my lifelong political party so happy to investigate all.

Time to create page: 0.216 seconds