Google Chrome question...

More
10 years 11 months ago #27991 by DiDi
I recently changed over to Google Chrome (which I don't like) and am having one ongoing problem and experiencing it on this site just now reminded me to ask how to get around this?

For example - thread open - link posted (i.e. Kate's about lemons) click on it and then there is no way back to the Forum. Back arrow is greyed out and the X closes everything down. What am I not seeing or doing wrong?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #383903 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic Google Chrome question...
You are most likely opening it in a new tab. Have a look up the top of the screen, there could be multiple tabs open. When you open a new tab, it has no history, and thus cannot go 'back'.
However, if you are opening the thread in a new tab, then the original tab should still be there.

I use tabs for everything, and only open threads in new tabs. The best way to open threads in new tabs is to middle-click on the link. Middle-click is using the button hidden under the scroll wheel of the mouse (or both buttons on a laptop).
To close a tab, either hit the X, or middle-click on the tab name.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
10 years 11 months ago #384158 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Google Chrome question...
i have just switched to google chrome and find it way better behaved that IE. I gave on that after years of using it when it just kept crashing and hogging memory after the last update.

Time to create page: 0.194 seconds