Hotpoint washing machine repair

More
10 years 11 months ago #27987 by Twit
Just before we moved to NZ we purchased a Hotpoint washing machine which we chose because of its international guarantee. Guess what, it doesn't extend all the way to New Zealand! On top of that we have not been able to find anyone who repairs Hotpoints out here so after only 6 months of use the machine is sitting in the garage.

I am thinking of purchasing the motor from the UK and having it shipped out but before I get organised I thought I check if anyone out there has had the same problem in North Canterbury and has come across someone who stocks Hotpoint parts.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]2 Cats, 2 Guinea pigs, 1 Light Sussex, 3 White Leghorn x and 2 gorgeous Barnevelders.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #383871 by shad297
Hi Twit, have you tried asking on www.british.expats.com site? might be worth a crack. When you get in click on 'discussion' then click on 'New Zealand' and maybe start a thread after logging in of course. The people there have a wealth of knowledge and someone may be able to help you out.
What a pain even though I believe Hotpoint is a good manufacturer.

Husband, two teenagers, Stanley & Jed the greyhounds, one quail (Hawkefrost), one budgie (Chaos) small productive surburban section.

More
10 years 11 months ago #383873 by little red digger
hi. Our washing machine lasted less than a year after we shipped it from the UK when the bearing went. We just put it on trademe $1 reserve and told people what was wrong with it. It sold for $180.00 and bought a new one.

Have you concidered taking the motor out and getting it re wound? There are companies in town that can do that.
Cheers

Dave and Ruth, Oxford Contracting

Time to create page: 0.185 seconds