Kippers - New Expression re Grown Up Kids

More
10 years 11 months ago #27928 by Toast
Kippers -

Kids in parents' pockets eroding retirement savings.

They say kids are staying home for seven years after leaving school - go to uni in M & D's home town rather than choose degree of interest & then when they can't get a job, they go back to uni & do a masters, all the while being a kipper!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 11 months ago #383341 by DiDi
That is so true! Mind I am not making that personal as my girls are well into doing their own thing BUT - one lived with me way beyond reasonable and then bounced back for a while after a life changing issue but they are both doing their own thing now and ...whisper.... I miss them! I certainly would have more money if they had moved out of home when I did as a youngster.

More
10 years 11 months ago #383351 by sod
True but as we have found years later :rolleyes: some do pay back in heaps 2 of ours went out of town to UNI not one here anyway [^] but we paid lot of costs 1 (youngest) stayed home now a mechanic an back here in their housebus 2 that left have come back at times for a spell like when the film fell over now paid well and live in Wellywood but send money home to us :D [;)][^] for helping them out plus one here helps out [;)] :D :p [^] As DiDi said we miss ours too

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds