Cute photo of Amy and Hamish

More
15 years 2 months ago #278 by Louise W
I kinda like this so thought I would share ...

Man I wish I had had as many horses to cuddle (well ANY horse to cuddle) when I was Amy's age ...

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

25 acres of beautiful rolling pastures in the heart of the wonderful Wairarapa.

NixPixArt and Talisman Farm
or join us on FACEBOOK

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42455 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Cute photo of Amy and Hamish
cool pic, i love the B&W

More
15 years 2 months ago #42458 by Valmai
Replied by Valmai on topic Cute photo of Amy and Hamish
Lovely pic, as usual! So nice to see such a safe well mannered stallion.

Carbon-based biological unit.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42461 by witheze
Awww.....nice one too, do you sell many services? Did you see the Dutch I think, grey warmblood stallion winning the Individual S/Jing at the World Games on Sky last week? He went clear with all four riders and then won the jumpoff, beating the three t/bred types :DNot that I have anything {much]against t/breds. The good ones win more than anything else I suppose in money terms. I emailed Vicki Wilsons first week account of her stables in Munich to Kate, she may put it on here, she's obviously loving it and is going to compete which she wasn't sure about. The partner of the owner is looking for a good keen person to stay for a year as a groom with a bit of riding if anyone is interested.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42463 by oskatd
Replied by oskatd on topic Cute photo of Amy and Hamish
That stallion was lovely, wasn't he!

More
15 years 2 months ago #42469 by witheze
He was like a clockwork horse, every step and jump in rhythm .

More
15 years 2 months ago #42475 by Louise W
I don't have Sky *sob* so didn't see it :( - Sounds awesome though!!!

He sees a few mares every year Witheze - We don't advertise other than the odd advert online and most of the mares he gets come through word of mouth. I am thinking about advertising him this coming season now that he has some progeny out under saddle but we're really not set up to take lots of outside mares and it is something of a hobby rather than a business and I don't really know if I can be bothered. But, I kinda think he deserves a few more mares as he is such a sweetheart and his babies to date are all just what I had hoped they would be.

He had two foals his first year 'at stud' and both are going so well for their owners. I got this photo of Kim and Malty in the email the other day - don't they look happy? :) Very rewarding to see something you bred going nicely under saddle.

I know Witheze is Clydie cross but what exactly is his breeding? Is he another of the Glendevon progeny or another Clydesdale? Gosh you must be proud of him!

TALISMAN FARM

Home of 'TF Hamish'and 'Crossiebeg Brennan' and where we are 'breeding extraordinary horses for ordinary riders'

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 2 months ago #42477 by wino
Replied by wino on topic Cute photo of Amy and Hamish
Aww look at them.
Hamish is such a laid back boy.

Never have a hangover - stay drunk

More
15 years 2 months ago #42479 by Dream Weaver
Lovely, hope you have it on a wall framed.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42504 by witheze
Lou, Withese is of very undiscriminative breeding ! His breeder, my neighbour, said his Mother, a full Clydie, came from the Goodins and had bred A grade jumpers, she was aged when she had witheze, David Goodin couldn't remember her and neighbour is a liar anyway, but it may be true. She, the mare, was left in a paddock after an event while the breeder sobered up, and the owner of the paddock said "I hope she's not I.S. cos there's a colt in the paddock too.A half t/bred half Quarter horse. So that's his breeding! The sire was gelded not long after and sold to a girl in Muriwai who does a bit of C.T.R. The old mare had another colt after W. and he in turn has sired me a nice Arab,Clydie X filly.. Same colt is in the show ring but has not the talent of W. I got lucky when I bought him, I thought he'd make a quite ploddy pop over hunter for old age,instead he's just the opposite.He has a real determined to have his own way streak.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42508 by Louise W
Oh what a great story and a good plug for the kiwi crossbred too (and I love Arab/Clyde mix, would love photos of the filly!). I know I get a bit of flack from the odd breeder (not to my face but I know it goes on) because I stand a crossbred stallion of indiscriminate breeding but I have also had support from some of NZ's more successful breeders who can recognise a nice type of horse producing a nice type of foal. I also appreciate that many breeders invest a lot of time researching bloodlines (I do the same with my mares) and money on performance sires, and that is great - all power to them, if I had the money I would be breeding more Irish horses for NZ! BUT I believe that there is still room in NZ for some old fashioned stationbred breeding as well :) - With more and more importated European blood coming into NZ, I almost feel like stallions like Hamish are becoming harder and harder to find.

OK, off my soapbox now ;)

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

More
15 years 2 months ago #42509 by Louise W
Gawd, importated - good word! [:I]

TALISMAN FARM

or join us on FACEBOOK

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds