Christchurch Demolition Map

More
11 years 5 days ago #27684 by Simkin
An interactive map where all the buildings earmarked for demolition can be identified

www.rebuildchristchurch.co.nz/content/ch...lding-demolition-map

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 5 days ago #380508 by missab
Replied by missab on topic Christchurch Demolition Map
wow thats quite a good map, heaps to be demolished :(

3 equines (brendon,bellissimo and mariah), 6 wiltshire ewes + 4 ram lambs, 1 mini goat (pinky),1 berkshire sow (penelope), 20 odd chickens,6 sebastopol goslings, 3 flemish giant rabbits(bones,bounce,moon), longhaired guinea pig(splish)1 mastif (auto), 2 chihuahuas (mia,seeka),1 maincoon cat...

More
11 years 5 days ago #380512 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Christchurch Demolition Map
Pretty depressing :( Sad to see all the building as they were, knowing the devastation there is now.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
11 years 5 days ago #380526 by NZ Appaloosas
Not sure that all buildings are marked--I'm pretty sure that the Amuri car park is slated for demolition, but there's no marker on it.

Diane

Featuring Wap Spotted, sire of the first Wap Spot 2 grandget in Southern Hemisphere and New Zealand

On the first day God created horses. On the second day He spotted the best ones.

More
11 years 5 days ago #380595 by kai
Replied by kai on topic Christchurch Demolition Map
even sadder is the map showing the whole suburbs destined for abandonment, it really brings home the devastation. And there are still more areas to be decided as well.

More
11 years 4 days ago #380619 by little red digger

More
11 years 4 days ago #380679 by debnjohn
I hope that some recycling will be utilised from all those poor munted houses. Pictures on the media show machines crashing through buildings destroying what looks like perfectly good windows, doors plumbing fittings etc. Obvious caveats would be structure safety, contamination etc.

There is going to be vast need for all of this in the rebuild. We are a small nation with limited resources. I am sure kiwi ingenuity could make an impact on the ever-spiralling costs of this disaster...

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen" Albert Einstein

More
11 years 4 days ago #380682 by Nora
Replied by Nora on topic Christchurch Demolition Map
It costs a lot to recover items too though.

More
11 years 4 days ago #380684 by Stikkibeek
Little Red digger, none of those map links work for me. I keep getting blocked by something with Fulton Hogan and web access on it.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 4 days ago #380687 by Hawkspur
Typically the companies that get the contract to do the demolition work can salvage whatever they feel they will make money from. This is usually factored into their charge for demolition work. This was why there was some flak over early demolition contracts being let to companies from outside Christchurch, and there were building owners upset that "their" materials were taken.

One building skip company in Christchurch sorts through their skips after collection, for recycling and or reuse, and a huge percentage of what is originally thrown away is saved. They ususally make money on it despite the labour involved.

More
11 years 3 days ago #380728 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Christchurch Demolition Map
Really interesting map, thanks Simkin. Plus there's the buildings that have self-demolished, or have already been demolished, the Cathedral and the Southern Blues Bar on Manchester are a couple that spring to mind. ChCh before and after will look totally different. Plus all the houses that have been red zoned, and the orange zoned houses that are designated as red in the next few months.

I don't see Mickey Finns on the demo map, does anyone know if it is still standing?

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
11 years 3 days ago #380733 by little red digger

Stikkibeek;373837 wrote: Little Red digger, none of those map links work for me. I keep getting blocked by something with Fulton Hogan and web access on it.

Sorry about that I thought it would work for all. I work for Fulton Hogan and we get email updates on the situation regularly.
I guess any thing good I can copy and paste in future.

Dave and Ruth, Oxford Contracting

More
11 years 2 days ago #380986 by Stikkibeek
Thanks Little Red digger. I can get into them now. Cheers.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 14 hours ago #381221 by little red digger

Stikkibeek;374159 wrote: Thanks Little Red digger. I can get into them now. Cheers.

Hi. I worked out where I went wrong with posting the web sites. I copied and pasted from the email we got at work, rather than just putting the web site adress in the post.

I have friends that are in the red zone and want to stay, and likewise others that are green and have all ready left.
any body in town who needs building, engineering or earthmoving advise give me a Pm and I will be able to sort somthing out for them.
We are relativly unaffected at Oxford so far and feel so privileged.

Dave and Ruth, Oxford Contracting

More
11 years 24 minutes ago #381251 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Christchurch Demolition Map

little red digger;374415 wrote:
I have friends that are in the red zone and want to stay, and likewise others that are green and have all ready left.
any body in town who needs building, engineering or earthmoving advise give me a Pm and I will be able to sort somthing out for them.
We are relativly unaffected at Oxford so far and feel so privileged.

I reckon the government helping out is marvellous and will be a relief to many, though the red zone at Kairaki Beach was a bolt out of the blue. Our friend's parents were full ahead with their rebuilding plans there, so I'm not sure what happens now.

I was thinking that there will be green zoned sections for sale now, with people leaving ChCh and their houses demolished, so hopefully red zone people who want to stay will be able to buy a section not too far from where they were.

We have friends zoned orange in Brooklands, only a few down from where a red zone begins. They had already purchased a 10-acre section near us before September and put their home on the market. They've finally been told their house is a write-off, so for them it will be a huge advantage to be zoned red. If they are zoned green, then hopefully they will still be able to sell their section privately.

Anyway, if they are looking for a contractor, I will definitely suggest they get in touch with you, Little Red Digger.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

Time to create page: 0.217 seconds