NCEA Mathematics practice exams

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #27465 by Simkin
Does anyone know where I can find these, please? I know our son should know but he never tells me these things[:0] He is year 13, NCEA level 3.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #377802 by Anne
Google it - comes up with the sites.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #377818 by kiwi_jon

Simkin;370527 wrote: Does anyone know where I can find these, please? I know our son should know but he never tells me these things[:0] He is year 13, NCEA level 3.

Simkin,

from my wife the maths teacher :D

http://www.nzqa.govt.nz/qualifications-standards/qualifications/ncea/subjects/mathematics/level-3/

Scroll down to 'Resources for externally assessed satandards' - 'Examination documents'

This will give you past exams.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #377825 by Simkin
Many thanks, especially Kiwi Jon. Those maths teacher wifes are quite useful :)

Anne, I have googled it, checked the school web site and couldn't find it - just the curriculum.

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #377829 by eelcat
WWW.studyit.org.nz is a very useful site as well. It gives you past exams and the answers (moreorless, the marking guides at least). Just choose the subject and level required.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #377830 by Stikkibeek
You might also like to look at Mates mate skill builders at this site

http://mathsmate.net/WebPages/nz/mauveNZ.htm

See Maths facts downloads halfway down the page. Good exercises to sharpen the brain. although not above level 6.

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #377918 by The Gardna
my wife is also I maths teacher.

Its clear......if you want your kids to do better at NCEA (anything)..and why wouldnt you?

THEN STUDY PREVIOUS YEARS PAPERS AND ANSWERS

The exams only change the numbers each year..not the actual task you need to do. Its as close to getting this years exam as you can get.
Study the last three years papers and this years one will be no surprise

with just this this technique a lot of less able (less than 50%mark normally) students make it thru..those with some smarts get the 90 to 100 mark where previously they were getting 70% in natural ability.

Like most things its technique...find those previous papers ..its the best thing you can do for the future of your kids

Time to create page: 0.193 seconds