Tricky question!

More
16 years 3 months ago #2746 by Rod Brown
Tricky question! was created by Rod Brown
Some of you may have seen that "chippie" ad on TV where the bloke says "I bet my left one they wont taste like mint and lamb"............and the next scene shows him singing in a choir and reaching a very high voice.

Ten year old grand daughter asked "Grandad what does it mean when he says "I bet my left one"

Err um mumble mumble not sure I missed that......you girls like some lollies.......

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 3 months ago #76654 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Tricky question!
leg, arm, eye, ear.... just improvise.

But you have probably added to the mystery by delaying the answer, just pretend you are also deaf and didn't hear her question properly the first time.;):)

• maggies mum
16 years 3 months ago #76658 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Tricky question!
Just tell her he's been wethered!! ;)

More
16 years 3 months ago #76660 by ardnas
Replied by ardnas on topic Tricky question!
I would just tell her what me means[:0]

More
16 years 3 months ago #76661 by ardnas
Replied by ardnas on topic Tricky question!
Sorry about the typo - Should read "I would just tell her what he means". And I would just be very matter of fact about it.

More
16 years 3 months ago #76680 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Tricky question!
Ten is old enough to tell the truth. You could also tell her that the advert is in poor taste. Mind you its a bit tought for grand dad. Perhaps he could tell her to ask mum or Dad.

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

More
16 years 3 months ago #76694 by Nancy F
Replied by Nancy F on topic Tricky question!
yep... at times like this it's certainly easier to have country kids.. they can relate to what goes on out on the farm far easier than some kids...

my 10 year old just had the abridged 'birds and bees' talk and now has a new appreciation of some of the jokes etc on TV... [:I] we now have to be a little more restrained with some of the laughter...!!!

I hate the 'keeps your knickers nice' advert.. nice??? from what??? aaarrrggghhhh... she doesn't need to know everthing just yet... :(

Nancy

More
16 years 3 months ago #76696 by The Kats Place
Replied by The Kats Place on topic Tricky question!
And why do those adverts come on while you are eating?

kats
Live your life in such a way that it will be easy for people to say nice things at your funeral [;)]

• Toni - Northland
16 years 3 months ago #76698 by Toni - Northland
Replied by Toni - Northland on topic Tricky question!
Had one from a grandchild the other week while we were watching an old black and white TCM movie and someone used the word gay. I got asked what gay mean't so I told them. "It means happy." Which it does, I didn't even need to lie.

More
16 years 3 months ago #76724 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Tricky question!
hadn't paid much attention to this advert, but my 18 year old asked "if i got it" when the tv was on recently. I replied that I hadn't so she explained it to me. Silly mother![:I]

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
16 years 3 months ago #76727 by max2
Replied by max2 on topic Tricky question!

quote:Originally posted by Rod Brown

Some of you may have seen that "chippie" ad on TV where the bloke says "I bet my left one they wont taste like mint and lamb"............and the next scene shows him singing in a choir and reaching a very high voice.

Ten year old grand daughter asked "Grandad what does it mean when he says "I bet my left one"

Err um mumble mumble not sure I missed that......you girls like some lollies.......

Always send her off to find Grandma to let her know.... that would be something my Dad would do to E.

More
16 years 3 months ago #76863 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Tricky question!
Granddad? Can't you do the "I have no idea answer" because really, that ad is on so much that it is bound to be on again when she is with her parents - and can ask them.

You know her - are you sure she wasn't "testing" you? MY rural girls at 10 would have known what the ad meant despite not having brothers! Just a fact of life really unless they went to a girls only school...isn't it?

More
16 years 3 months ago #76997 by rob
Replied by rob on topic Tricky question!
you should try those chips they are the best

Rob

More
16 years 3 months ago #77081 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Tricky question!
Well...she ain't going to find the answer that way! Grin. I do agree with you - they are awesome.

More
16 years 3 months ago #77092 by Rod Brown
Replied by Rod Brown on topic Tricky question!
We are lucky enough to have some of our city grand kids stay with us every month and with your help fore warned is fore armed. As you know one question always leads to another (especially when you start off with the removal of a left testicle), I have it sussed, when the next occasion arises it will be time for me to say "Oh I'll just go and grab another beer.........Gran can you explain that to Selena for me please"

Now sold block, of no fixed abode, building new house. Darling wife has passed 1 year ago.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds