Did Cchch just fall down again? I think I felt a jolt here...

More
11 years 1 month ago #27137 by Kiwi303
Nothing on the geo site, but that takes time to reflect what's happening.

At least they can't blame Ken Ring if it has been another aftershock, it's a bit off from the new/full moon so not a K.R. super moon.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #374650 by kate
No, it's closer to you this time, it's on geonet now...

Web Goddess

More
11 years 1 month ago #374652 by Kiwi303
Ah, never mind, a 5.0 10 Km southwest of Nelson, about 5Km from Richmond and 110 Km deep.

Not Chch after all.

More
11 years 1 month ago #374671 by Simkin
Some of Christchurch is still standing and I didn't feel the quake you felt - for once[^]

More
11 years 1 month ago #374673 by LongRidge
I didn't feel it at all ....

More
11 years 1 month ago #374675 by Seaside
The 5.2, 9km deep in the hills visible from our mailbox was relatively gentle, so yours in Nelson didn't hit the radar. Mind you, if you're nearby then a 5 will be a-rattling.

Funnily enough, the company I work for were kind enough to send us on an earthquake relief weekend in Nelson, on the eight floor of a hotel within spitting distance of McD's (we really appreciated the lack of night noise when we got home), so I expect our hearts would be racing had we been there today. We had such a good time, we fitted in more activities for the boys in two days than we would in a year at home.

I understand your worry Kiwi. Every rattle we have here is always followed by a Geonet scramble to see whether it's a mild one in the back paddock, a medium one in ChCh, or a severe one in the north island. Distance is everything.

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
11 years 1 month ago #374683 by Kiwi303
Yup, was a bit of a worry, well the mild-in-the-back-paddock was the correct one for here now :P one of my Facebook buddies was online and she says she didn't feel it, since she said she was romping with her kids, the house would have been a-rockin' on it's foundations anyway, so I'm not surprised :P

But if it had been in Chch and I felt what I felt here from it, it would have been a pretty nasty one for Chch again.

110K deep, not much seems to have made it to the surface.

More
11 years 1 month ago #374690 by arnie.m
Kiwi did not feel a thing up on our rock here, have only felt one in the 14 years we have been here. Do feel sooy for Ch Ch.

arnie
88 Valley
Nelson

More
11 years 1 month ago #374716 by Simkin
110km deep is similar to 110km away. In Ashburton they don't feel Chch's 5.something aftershocks - lucky!

More
11 years 1 month ago #374725 by Hasbeen
I thought I felt something sitting at the 'puter but my BH said I imagined it.
Just love proving him wrong :D

Recovering Lifestyler

More
11 years 1 month ago #374734 by Simkin

Hasbeen;367206 wrote: I thought I felt something sitting at the 'puter but my BH said I imagined it.
Just love proving him wrong :D

Had it been 5km deep - like the ones we have here in Christchurch - there wouldn't have been any doubt whatsoever - and no discussion either - that it was an earthquake.

Time to create page: 0.220 seconds