help with ipod

More
11 years 2 months ago #27076 by skyline_glenn
help with ipod was created by skyline_glenn
Our laptop hd died earlier this year and we lost everything. A friend replaced the hd and reinstalled windows, internet explorer etc. Now my ipod wont sync with my laptop unless I delete whats on the ipod. Is there any way around this or am I going to have to transfer all my cds back onto my computer to put onto my ipod, which means I will lose the 2 cds I have purchased through itunes?

Glenn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #374107 by kiwi_jon
Replied by kiwi_jon on topic help with ipod
1. Plug your iPod in. Most of the times, iPods are set on autosync. However, if it's from another iTunes library, you should get a pop-up warning you about the fact that syncing will clear your iPod. Cancel, and do not sync.

2. On the summary page of your iPod, at the very bottom, there should be a section called "Options", and a place to check a box called "Manually manage music and videos". Check it off. This will enable you to move your music back and forth without iTunes wanting to clear out your iPod for a new library.

3. Remember, do NOT attempt to move to the music tab and sync your music. Instead, click on the little arrow/triangle next to your iPod name (this is on the left sidebar, under "Devices"). You should now see a list of things on your iPod, from Music, Movies, TV Shows, Podcasts, Audiobooks, to your playlists.

4. You should now be able to transfer from your iPod to your iTunes library.

5. In iTunes you will need to Authorize the new iTunes install to play your purchased music.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.182 seconds