Fleeting visit.......................

• maggies mum
15 years 2 months ago #270 by maggies mum
Fleeting visit....................... was created by maggies mum
[:0]

Hello.......popping in between feeding the hungry hoards...been to the beach.....done lots walking....lots eating.........lots driving......just had dinner................off to the spa with a large G & T....can't stop.................see yer.....................

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42369 by reggit
OOoeer you have been busy!

IN case you were thinking of taking the visitors to the balloon nightglow tomorrow night, and haven't heard, its been postponed until Sunday night.

Enjoy the G and T! :D

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

• maggies mum
15 years 2 months ago #42370 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Fleeting visit.......................
Yeah I've had a phone call already! Really fed up about that, won't be able to go and see it now!

Still haven't had my Spa, got the G&T just waiting for the 4 kids to go to bed! May be a while!! ;)

More
15 years 2 months ago #42372 by Dream Weaver
ello Luv, was just thinking of ya and wondering how it was going with all the visitors. sounds like busy but good. Ya run out of wine??? (you drinking G n T).
Its VERY quiet here without ya Lol but looking forward to wee updates on how its all going.

More
15 years 2 months ago #42374 by Birman Babe
Beach! Couldnt have been Waihi Beach as the weather is damn awful ???

• maggies mum
15 years 2 months ago #42377 by maggies mum
Replied by maggies mum on topic Fleeting visit.......................
It was OK really up until yesterday BB. Anyway we are British ya know Stiff upper lip and all that and freeze yer proverbials off on the beach....we're on 'oliday!! lol

Fellas of to the rugby this arvo, and we're looking through all the touristy leaflets and trying to decide what to see in Rotorua next week, thinking of Pohutu Geyser and the Maori village....oh decisions decisions....any suggestions? Bearing in mind there are 3 of us and 6 of them (2 adults 4 kids!!!!) Not too worried of cost but obviously its gonna be pricey whatever we do!

Going to Waitomo to see the glow worms, Hamilton Zoo, Hamitlon Gardens, their last week is going to be busy!

More
15 years 2 months ago #42378 by reggit
Try to do the Aranui Walk at Waitomo at nighttime, glowworms are amazing, and its FREE (not many folk know about it, shhh!). Just head to the Aranui cave carpark and follow the walkway - we usually do the walk once before it gets dark to get our bearings, and then have dinner at Waitomo, then go back after dark. Take a torch (keep it pointed down or you'll piss off the other tourists wanting to see glowworms that you won't know are there until you almost trip over them, it being dark) and good footwear.

And at Rotorua, go to Hell's Gate, touristy but that's cos its good.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
15 years 2 months ago #42379 by FencerMan
Hey MM, why not just got to the Agrodome and roll down the hill in the zorb! Its good fun lol.

Do something.

Either lead, follow, or get out of the way.

'Ted Turner'

More
15 years 2 months ago #42382 by Kiwi303
Hells gate, and the Lunge down the hill on an oversized skateboard. :D great fun.

in waitomo, you can head home to Hammy via Te Ana, just head straight down the road from the village past the caves and through the roundabout, and walk along to Marakopa waterfalls, or the Piripiri Natrual bridge over the stream. nice walks both of them. then home along SH31 to pirongia, have a coffee and break at the perssimmon tree cafe (always used to stop there on my way to work when livein gout here and working hamilton)

should keep you busy for the day :D

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
15 years 2 months ago #42407 by Gracelands
I second Kiwi's suggestion of Te Anga. (I'm a bit biased as I used to live there) Its a fabulous place to show visitors amazing NZ bush, limestone outcrops and amazing scenery The natural bridge is just stunning. You can also show them a wild west coast beach at Marakopa on the way, and finish with fish and chips at Kawhia.

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
15 years 2 months ago #42408 by Gracelands
double post, just to emphasise the point![:I]

"Just living is not enough. One must have sunshine, freedom and a little flower."
Hans Christian Anderson

More
15 years 2 months ago #42442 by reggit

quote:Originally posted by FencerMan

Hey MM, why not just got to the Agrodome and roll down the hill in the zorb! Its good fun lol.

[xx(] Usually I have guts of iron, but nearly lost my lunch on the strapped in Zorb roll, I think they have calculated how many rotations it can do to ensure that you don't actually throw up inside it but have time to make it onto the paddock...but the water filled Zorb where you are loose inside the thing rather than fixed in place (so you don't actually roll over and over and over...blahhh!) would be better...

Now speaking of losing your lunch...Marakopa etc is spectacular but be aware that not all folks from overseas appreciate our windy roads, we nearly had a very sick Aussie in our car from that particular trip, she was used to nice straight travel lines! [}:)]

Time to create page: 0.242 seconds