Long time, No see....

More
12 years 10 months ago #26938 by Waffling Milk Maid
Hmm, I wonder how many here even know who I am now? So many new 'faces' now, and I do try to check in from time to time too!!!

I know I might not be on a LSB anymore, and I don't always get in here much anymore either, but I still consider you guys to be 'family'...! I first joined here as a teenager living at home. You saw me travel up the country and looked after me the whole way. You saw me come back home and get a job in which I've excelled and I adore. You saw me move out of home for the first time and live with a long time b/f for a while too. You then saw us break up and me move back home, and you then saw me meet, fall in love with, and marry my hubby. You saw us buy our first house!

I now own part of the business I work for, I'm married and we own our own house; such a long way from the waffling teenager who had just gotten her first house cow!!! hehehe.

And now? I have to post to share with my extended LSB family how I'm even further from that teenager, and you guys are still right here to watch yet another step in the journey that is life...

click for larger view

:p [:X][:I]:D

Attached files
File Attachment:

Owned by a standard poodle, a couple of burmese cats, a miniature horse, & a budgie.
Also proud mum to Caleb and Piper

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 10 months ago #372786 by ronnie
Replied by ronnie on topic Long time, No see....
WOW Waffles, what fantastic news !!!! Congrats to you both. When are you due??
I bet you are all so excited. Onwards to the next stage of your life.
All the very best to you both.

More
12 years 10 months ago #372787 by BHGS
Replied by BHGS on topic Long time, No see....
Congrats, its a fab first pic. I got all choked up just looking at it :p I'm remembering how excited I was with the scan pics - crikey - nearly 13 years ago now. Hope this new journey is a great one too.

Cheers
Hilary,
Just me, partner and son, suburban backyard chooks (3), cats (2) veggies (variable) and weeds (eternally thriving)[:p]

More
12 years 10 months ago #372793 by judes
Replied by judes on topic Long time, No see....
Wahoo Congratulations!!

Jude
Don't get your knickers in a knot; it solves nothing and makes you walk funny.

More
12 years 10 months ago #372796 by kate
Replied by kate on topic Long time, No see....
Congratulations Waffles :D :D When is baby Waffles due to make his/her appearance?

Web Goddess

More
12 years 10 months ago #372799 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic Long time, No see....
Congrats Waffles, you will have to visit us a bit more often and keep us regularly updated!

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
12 years 10 months ago #372800 by Andrea1
Replied by Andrea1 on topic Long time, No see....
Congratulations, Waffles! :) :) Nice to see you here, however briefly... [8D] you'll be even busier when little one arrives! Best catch up on your rest while you can... [;)]

More
12 years 10 months ago #372807 by terralee
Replied by terralee on topic Long time, No see....
Awww CONGRATULATIONS ....Now you are cooking a baby Waffle[^]:D
When is it due out of the oven[;)]
WOooooooooooooHOooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
12 years 10 months ago #372808 by spoook
Replied by spoook on topic Long time, No see....
OMG [:0] Congratulations to both of you.
It seems like only the other day you were up here and we were taking you everywhere (with dog too [;)])
Geeze, time passes so fast.

You have to keep us informed as you progress.

There are no bad questions only those that are not asked.
"You are responsible, forever, for what you have tamed"

More
12 years 10 months ago #372813 by Waffling Milk Maid
[:I][:X][:X]

Thank you all, yes we are very very very happy and proud and over the moon and on cloud nine and all that stuff... lol!

And yes I need to keep in touch more! I will. :D

It's due out to meet the world in the middle of October, and we're NOT finding out who it is before then! :)

So I'm just into the second trimester now at 13 & a half weeks along. The scan was done on thursday, it was our first scan (bub was 12 weeks, 6 days) and was utterly mind blowingly amazing to see it doing jumping jacks and silly bounces and stuff... [:I] Very very very cool.

A bit over a month ago dad got us together (me & hubby, my brother & his fiance, plus dad & his wife) for a professional photo for nana's 90th. I was 6.5 weeks along then, and it was our 2nd wedding anniversary. So we got a pic of just me & hubby while there... :D

such a neat memory to have!

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Owned by a standard poodle, a couple of burmese cats, a miniature horse, & a budgie.
Also proud mum to Caleb and Piper

More
12 years 10 months ago #372823 by eelcat
Replied by eelcat on topic Long time, No see....
Wonderful news. Good to see you back.

1 Border collie, 1 Huntaway, 2 Lhasa Apsos, Suffolk and arapawa ewe crosses, an Arapawa ram,an East Friesian ewe , 5 cats, 42 ducks , 1 rooster and 30 hens, 5 geese, 12 goats, 2 donkeys, 2 house cows, one heifer calf, one bull calf, 3 rabbits and lots and lots and lots of fruit trees...

More
12 years 10 months ago #372826 by Jen - Featherston
wow how awesome, such great news looking forward to meeting your wee babe!

Sometimes its not only what you say, its the way you say it that counts.

More
12 years 10 months ago #372829 by Kalmara
Replied by Kalmara on topic Long time, No see....
Congratulations. You have done ever so well.
Look forward to hearing more.

More
12 years 10 months ago #372830 by Seaside
Replied by Seaside on topic Long time, No see....
Congratulations! Of course we remember you!

So exciting, I see you are really well organised with the baby's room and all that. That first pregnancy always goes so slow, with such wonderment at creating a whole new person!

If you can afford 4D at your 16-week scan (might be run of the mill these days - our friends who had a baby last year had one, but they were unheard of in 'my day'), they are absolutely amazing!

Let us know how you get on - and if you need any parenting advice in the years to come, we'll all be here for you :)

Kids, beasts, and chillies in Swannanoa South.
www.farmaway.co.nz

More
12 years 10 months ago #372834 by DiDi
Replied by DiDi on topic Long time, No see....
Oh waffles - don't ask why but I feel quite tearful - but with joy for you both. Yes I have been here for the whole journey (geez what did I do in those years?) and perhaps it is my longing for a grandbaby that makes me want to adopt yours.

Just so happy for you both and bubbie. Huge hugs.

Time to create page: 0.166 seconds