I'm not complaining BUT!

More
11 years 2 months ago #26890 by Ghilly
I'm fed up with this weather! Raining, sunny, raining, sunny, and all the while the cold wind blows. It's not cold like 'Invercargill cold' but I no sooner get an idea to do something when it starts going all gloomy outside and the rain belts down.... I decide I probably won't go and do whatever it was I was going to do and then the sun comes out again.... "oo" I think, 'I'll go and do something.... and then it rains hard again.

The rain is blowing straight into the ranch sliders so we can't even leave that door open for any length of time.

The goats are going stir crazy, there isn't a break in the rain long enough for them to get out and eat some grass. I'm going stir crazy cos when they don't go out cos it's raining I have to feed them and the more it rains, the more feed they need.....

Why is it only certain animals hibernate? I mean they've got the right idea but we just plod on through the gloom and rain of wet wintery weather.

I'm fed up with putting a jersey on only to have to take it off again a few minutes later... then put it on..... take it off, put it on, take it off Aaaarrgghh!

I don't mind the rain but I wish it would make up it's bloody mind.

I don't want to start trimming someones hooves only to get halfway through the first toe and have it pelt down.

I just want to sleep actually, but I don't need to. Having a nap would just wreck my chances of getting to sleep later tonight so I'm dithering about psyching myself up to going out and feeding my lot earlier rather than later. We've had around 30mm of rain since Monday which doesn't seem that much considering how much of the stuff has fallen.

Yakut

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #372343 by kimberj06
Replied by kimberj06 on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
I feel your pain!! We have had some uncharitably cold days here this week - I have been soft enough to have two fires going. I am halfway through cutting the hedge which is on three sides of our section and I have to stop and come inside every half an hour. Not to mention my tomatoes are never going to ripen at this rate!

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

More
11 years 2 months ago #372346 by KiplingAngel
Green Tomato Chutney??

I was out at our wee site in Paparimu today, and the wind and rain was quite extraordinary. I eventually managed to drive out of the paddock when we had a brief sunny moment, thus denying the opportunity of the neighbours to see if I really did melt... lol

It's the nature of the season - hope this doesn't hold up the house build... Can't wait till we can get our wood fired burner installed and going...

More
11 years 2 months ago #372348 by kimberj06
Replied by kimberj06 on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
I'm going to hope that they get there eventually - but green tomato chutney is looking rather likely at this stage!

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

More
11 years 2 months ago #372350 by Stu_R
Replied by Stu_R on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
:) agrred yakut ... wish it would make up it mind and do one thing or the other for decent perriods of time in a go ... can ahandle out in rain for a couple of hours as have gear on, can handle sun for a couple of hours as have wet weather gear off .. its the on again off a again thats the dam problem :(
Oh well thats this time of year i guess :(

5 retired Greyhounds ( Bridgette , Lilly, GoGo,Sam and now Lenny) 15 friendly sheep all of whom are named and come when you call them :) , 2 goats, Mollie and Eee Bee :
Olive trees , .. old bugger doing the best he can with no money or land :)

More
11 years 2 months ago #372368 by Sue
Replied by Sue on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
Well we haven't had it warm enough to take the jersey off!
All the animals are relishing some hay to eat with the southerly gusts and showers-well actually more like 90mm since Monday! The weaners have turned a corner of their nice grassy paddock to porridge, milling round and round then walking up the fence and back again, silly things.

I keep groaning about the thought of winter being imminent and calculating and re calculating whether there will be enough hay and baleage and how much more I can expect the grass to grow before it stops-ugh another 5 months to go ;-(

Sue
Labrador lover for yonks, breeder of pedigree Murray Grey cattle for almost as long, and passionate poultry person for more years than I care to count.

More
11 years 2 months ago #372400 by Stikkibeek
Replied by Stikkibeek on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
Lit the woodburner for the first time this season...tonight. The cats are very pleased. I think the house is now too cosy. I am back to just my cotton shirt, having peeled off the jumper an hour ago.
Chooks were also pleased with the warm mash. They are all starting to moult, so must be feeling the chill in the air.
Think you southern people need to get out your hair driers and melt the snow, so we don't get cold up here LOL [}:)]

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 2 months ago #372412 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
Last week the builders doing the recladding here were sizzling on the roof and now they're dressed like eskimos :(
And Egmont has way more snow than it should for early April. Not happy :(

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
11 years 2 months ago #372423 by igor
Replied by igor on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
Here in the South the last couple of days have been cold and rainy with strong winds that felt like they were coming straight off the Southern Ocean. Today has started off warm for here at this time of year. New Zealand Ploughing Championship near here today and tomorrow. After two practice days in crap weather it looks like they might get some nice weather for the competition days.

More
11 years 2 months ago #372424 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
i am smirking away reading this..we are never happy eh?.. either too hot, too dry,too many flys'/crickets,too cold,too wet.. :)

i do agree with the nuisnace on again off again weather pattern.. but it is realy amusing for me to watch hubby outside doing chores in the morning sun one minute then running for cover when it sudden chucks down..meanwhile, i am looking busy lighting the coal range and walking around with a mixing bowl and wooden spoon :D :D .. and he thinks i've got something in the bowl :D

More
11 years 2 months ago #372434 by igor
Replied by igor on topic I'm not complaining BUT!
Steph, you meanie, teasing him like that.
A couple of years ago my son and stepson were shifting a load of sheep manure with shovels and wheelbarrows. It was a warm day and they both had their shirts off. Should have seen how fast they moved when a heavy hail shower came over.

More
11 years 2 months ago #372440 by stephclark
Replied by stephclark on topic I'm not complaining BUT!

igor;364618 wrote: Steph, you meanie, teasing him like that.

:D :D :D .. gotta have some sort of entertainment..i come up with all sorts of things that i find hilarious.. him not so much :D

Time to create page: 0.244 seconds