Advice on new PC

More
11 years 3 months ago #26827 by cantyguy
Advice on new PC was created by cantyguy
What should I look for. I'm heavily into large file photo storage and intend to get seriously into video editing and storage but not being PC literate don't know what to look for.

cheers

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #371750 by Organix
Replied by Organix on topic Advice on new PC
If you also want portability you get a lot of quality graphics capability from an XPS Dell laptop . Designed primarily for gaming and graphics hardware/software, processing power and monitor quality are excellent. Negotiate and you should get it for less than $2K (+GST) with Windows 7 Professional, MS Office and a few extras. I'm rapt with my new one :D

Edit: Although the XPS has a 680GB HD I agree with SB's advice below as having your data stored off computer makes life easier for your PC and also backs up your files in case of loss of data or computer. External HDs are relatively cheap now with a 1 TB(1024 GB) HD being $200-300

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
11 years 3 months ago #371758 by Suffolk Brae
Replied by Suffolk Brae on topic Advice on new PC
Not really a computer buff but would recommend getting an external harddrive to store your stuff. Won't mean your computer bogged down with to many files to sort through.

Time to create page: 0.143 seconds