Are Shareholder Cards Worthwhile?

More
11 years 3 months ago #26786 by BeeTeeNZ
Hi All.

New to the country here so have a few questions on F'lands cards etc and whether they are worthwhile to small rural block holders.

In town I had access to a work account through Bunnings and had great discounts on most things, now I am forced to pay retail :(.

What is peoples experience with f'lands cards etc for purchasing at other external partners, are the discounts significant or are they small and barely worth becoming a part of such schemes?

Peoples experiences please.

Regards BeeTee

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #371302 by skyline_glenn
We have a farmlands card and find it great. You get a great discount at Noel leemings(some things less 50%) I actually think you pay cost +10% or something. Also good discounts on fuel.

Glenn

More
11 years 3 months ago #371311 by Kiwi303
pretty worthwhile, even down here in CRT country.

You Live and Learn, or you don't Live Long -anon

More
11 years 3 months ago #371326 by terralee
Fantastic value ...and don't forget the cost of the shares that you pay to get your membership are refunded (with increased value added ) when you decide you no longer want to be a member :D
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
11 years 3 months ago #371327 by BRL
Yeah - Farmlands card is worth it just for the fuel discounts alone.

More
11 years 3 months ago #371329 by foufee
I don't find the fuel discounts to be that valuable, you get better at the supermarket but for buying things from Noel Leemings or Resene and some of the other partners - Brilliant. We have saved well over the $500 that you have to put in (and you get back when you leave), heck we saved almost that just one the painting we did around the house. And with what we have saved on auto-mechanics, very worthwhile. And the instore 10% adds up nicely too. We don't get the share payout each year as we pay by VISA so I have no idea what that is worth to a person

I definitely recommend getting one

More
11 years 3 months ago #371354 by BRL

foufee;363387 wrote: I don't find the fuel discounts to be that valuable,

The fuel discounts are worth it if you are in an area where the local station is a GAS service station, where pump prices are higher than urban centres and your fuel discount is off the national price - which is 12 to 15 cents lower than the pump price - then you get a further discount ...

More
11 years 3 months ago #371361 by ccrk9
Did the sums and found not worth it 4 us. Very rare to shop at N Leem. Fuel discounts not worth it. Putting power account thru them not worth it as we have cheap power with our company. Dont buy much stock stuff except chool feed as can get small quantities for cattle and sheep from neighbours. So for us its a no.

The greatest fine art of the future will be the making of a comfortable
living from a small piece of land. ~ Abraham Lincoln ~

More
11 years 3 months ago #371365 by igor
I've looked at CRT but not very hard as yet. It may be worth our while but I'd need to do more figuring to be sure. We get our fuel from Shell because they have FlyBuys and buy most of our stock food directly from the growers so it would really only be for general farm stuff.

More
11 years 3 months ago #371413 by Shropshire Blue
Got a CRT card and regularly save 170 to 200 Dollars a month by using it :D

More
11 years 3 months ago #371434 by jeannielea
We have a Farmlands card and use it for all stock stuff, electricity, and health insurance but not often for anything else. Apart from the in shop discounts we get a rebate at the end of the year. Not much but overall worth it.

Time to create page: 0.335 seconds