floor plan software

More
11 years 3 months ago #26737 by rob
floor plan software was created by rob
I am drawing up a floor plan for my work, does anyone know of any free software that I can download to use, i had a look but i prefer to go by stuff used by people :)

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #370871 by wyseyes
Replied by wyseyes on topic floor plan software
Chief Architect

I found it really easy to use. There is a free download, although I'm not sure what it lets you do and not do.

I see you shiver in anticip......................................................................................ation

More
11 years 3 months ago #370874 by rob
Replied by rob on topic floor plan software
its a trial period but ta anyway

Rob

More
11 years 3 months ago #370881 by ame
Replied by ame on topic floor plan software
Take a look at Google SketchUp.

A

More
11 years 3 months ago #370916 by igor
Replied by igor on topic floor plan software
Autocad without question. Any version from 14 onwards. 13 was a pig. Many in the industry went straight from 12 to 14. It's expensive but it's industry standard in most parts of the world with over 90% market share. It does everything you could want including full 3D modelling, and being industry standard builders and councils should be able to handle your electronic files if you need them to. Of course I'm biased as I'm an engineer's draughtsman using it every day at work. I've been told by a few people that cheap pirate copies of some versions are out there if one knows how to find them.

More
11 years 3 months ago #370934 by ame
Replied by ame on topic floor plan software

igor;362885 wrote: Autocad without question. Any version from 14 onwards. 13 was a pig. Many in the industry went straight from 12 to 14. It's expensive but it's industry standard in most parts of the world with over 90% market share. It does everything you could want including full 3D modelling, and being industry standard builders and councils should be able to handle your electronic files if you need them to. Of course I'm biased as I'm an engineer's draughtsman using it every day at work. I've been told by a few people that cheap pirate copies of some versions are out there if one knows how to find them.

Actually, it's the file, not the software. DXF is a well-known standard and is supported by other software.

Rob could try QCad. It's free. It supports reading and writing DXF.

www.qcad.org/

A

More
11 years 3 months ago #370937 by igor
Replied by igor on topic floor plan software
It is true that a number of software packages including autocad can import and export drawings as a dxf file. However if all parties involved are using the industry standard (autocad) it is much easier to share drawings as dwg files. Sometimes dxf file transfers from one software package to another leave a little to be desired as to the quality. This is not to say that folks who are not going to use the software very often should rush out and spend huge money though as to do so would not be cost effective.

More
11 years 3 months ago #370953 by rob
thanks guys, its got to be free as i am doing this off my own back

Rob

More
11 years 3 months ago #371358 by Heemskerck Station
If you have an eye for detail you can easily make up a floor plan in MS Excel. Simply resize the grid to say 12pixels each way giving you small squares. From there you can establish how many squares per meter and outline the cells to create your drawing. I did a floor plan for my work this way.

More
11 years 3 months ago #371432 by foufee
Replied by foufee on topic floor plan software
We just downloaded Sweet Home 3D, seems to be fairly straight forward to use.

More
11 years 3 months ago #371492 by rob
i downloaded google sketch up and Q cad both look good, wife says just use excel

Rob

Time to create page: 0.246 seconds