Bullying victim: Why I fought back

More
13 years 4 months ago #26698 by rob
i just watched the video of this and its a wonder that this kid stood the bullying for so long before snapping.
good on him, maybe he will be left alone now

Rob

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 4 months ago #370452 by Farmer53
i havent watch it but have heard about it on the radio. Yeh, good on him too i reckon should happen more often, the bullys getting smashed.

More
13 years 4 months ago #370454 by rob
i cannot understand why it has taken so long for this to come to light, did the school or parents not know about this

www.cbsnews.com/video/watch/?id=7359821n&tag=mg;mostpopvideo

Rob

More
13 years 4 months ago #370492 by Vanaheim
do you have any idea how hard it is to do a kid for bullying rob? Kids dont nark, the bully as a child has more rights than a teacher and nothing much can or will happen if the parents wont get on board. As a teacher ive seen it happen over and over, the system is stuffed and no one wants to know.

Bræðr munu berjask ok at bönum verðask,
munu systrungar sifjum spilla;
hart er í heimi, hórdómr mikill,
skeggöld, skalmöld, skildir ro klofnir,
vindöld, vargöld, áðr veröld steypisk;
mun engi maðr öðrum þyrma.

Brothers shall fight | and fell each other,
And sisters' sons | shall...

More
13 years 4 months ago #370501 by Simkin
Our eldest was bullied very badly and the teachers only told him to not tell tales.

The breakthrough came when a stone was thrown at him while I was walking with him across the school fields to his classroom. The stone hit me and suddenly even the principal's attention was available. The student who threw the stone was dealt with but his parents were unable to meet with the principal to discuss the issues.

More
13 years 4 months ago #370504 by Kevin and Perlita Morgan
Hi My eldest daughter went to a school where there was a bully ,nothing much was said about him ,and he was allowed to carry on with his bullying and nothing was said or done about it.Eventually he picked on my daughter ,to his misfortune ,She grabbed him by his hair forced his head down and then brought her knee up into his face ,by the time she was finished with him ,he was a mess .Things didnt end there his parents complained ,and we were summonsed to vist the teacher ,where we were told that they didnt condone her actions .My reply was he asked for it ,he got it ,No longer was he the bully
Cheers

More
13 years 4 months ago #370509 by Ronney

Kevin and Perlita Morgan;362177 wrote: Hi My eldest daughter went to a school where there was a bully ,nothing much was said about him ,and he was allowed to carry on with his bullying and nothing was said or done about it.Eventually he picked on my daughter ,to his misfortune ,She grabbed him by his hair forced his head down and then brought her knee up into his face ,by the time she was finished with him ,he was a mess .Things didnt end there his parents complained ,and we were summonsed to vist the teacher ,where we were told that they didnt condone her actions .My reply was he asked for it ,he got it ,No longer was he the bully
Cheers

Bullying is not new and is part of the human thing for control. I was bullied at school. I was short, small in stature, had long hair worn in horrible pig-tails, spoke like a Scot and I got picked on. This was back in the days when there were still ink wells inset in the desks and smart arses sitting behind me would dip the end of the plait into the ink well so that I would end up with ink running down my back, or tie the plaits through the back of the chair so that when I stood up the chair came with me and nearly broke my bloody neck. The teachers did nothing - but I did and it didn't take long. One little boy emulated the way I spoke and all his mates thought it was very funny and I lost it. Punched him fair and square in the middle of his face, made is nose bleed and I was terrified. I'd never hit anybody in my life. However, he was even more terrified - and mortified because although I didn't recognise it at the time, I'd made him look a fool in front of all his mates. I have no idea how he explained away his bloody nose and black eye but it was the last time I was ever bullied.

20 year later the same thing happened to my daughter. She was being picked on and hassled at school, some of it being physical. I asked her what she did - she ran away and cried. I told her next time, sock them, at the same time prepared to having to visit the school to sort it out. She did. She was never bullied again either. In this case the school did contact me in the same vein as Kevin mentioned in his post and I told them to get knotted.

I am not advocating physical violence but children are little animals and a belt from their peers is something they understand. They are also usually weak characters who only do it when they have a "gang" of other kids to back them up. Get them on their own and they are lily livered. Give them back what they are so good at handing out and they back down pretty fast. Unfortunately this does carry on into adulthood and I should imagine that all of us know the adult version of the child bully. Gangs are a good example as are many drunks.

Cheers,
Ronnie

More
13 years 4 months ago #370511 by reggit
I too was bullied at school, but was told to 'turn the other cheek' and not 'stoop to their level' - oh, and that the bullies 'were probably very sad kids with problems that I should feel bad for'. Parents and teachers were useless dealing with it, they just seemed to think it was something that all kids go through.

What the....???????? [:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!][:(!]

I wish an adult had told me it was okay to fight back, even if it was only verbally not physically :(.

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 4 months ago #370522 by Organix
The original video of the incident here . Campbells's coverage is the lead story here .

As the father says later in the story Casey is now walking tall, and has undergone a change in demeanour. I would suggest he has shed his previous 'victim persona' and can also look forward to physical changes as he discovers his new self. The little sh*t that ringlead the bullying will think twice before trying similar actions again, once he stops limping [B)] :) and he desrves all he got.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
13 years 4 months ago #370523 by Farmer53
the funny thng about that is tho that the bully got his mate to film it so they could show off. talk about a back fire

More
13 years 4 months ago #370528 by reggit
Part of the reason I can't stand watching about 99% of these so-called reality TV shows is that they are set up to humiliate people and encourage others on the show to pick on the weakest/fattest/most different in the group in what usually amounts to a 'Lord of the Flies' type set up :(:(:( - oh, and of course film it so that it can be transmitted to as wide an audience as possible...

Hmmm, wonder where these kids get their ideas then...?? [}:)]

Take a break...while I take care of your home, your block, your pets, your stock! [;)] PM me...

More
13 years 4 months ago #370531 by igor
A few years back a Samoan friend told me a story about an incident involving his grandson at high school. Seems the grandson had been taking a bit too much from a gang of boys for a bit too long. One day he decided he'd had enough and punched the ringleader once and broke his nose. Who do you reckon got in trouble?

More
13 years 4 months ago #370589 by Organix
The story as told by the bully makes interesting watching. A bit of alcohol involved in both the father's past and the boy's gestation period it would appear, and FES would help explain the bully's behaviour.

Word is that Richard (the bully) was suspended from school for 21 days, and Casey for 4 days.

Harm Less Solutions.co.nz
NZ & AU distributor of Eco Wood Treatment stains and Bambu Dru bamboo fabrics and clothing

More
13 years 4 months ago #370590 by TKFARMER
the grandson. :)

Playing farmer on 3.5 acres. [:)][:)]

More
13 years 4 months ago #370595 by rob
Vanaheim,
actually YES i do know, my son was bullied at school and I was glad when i asked him one day what was wrong, he told me he was being bullied, so i dropped everything and went right up to the school.I was totally pissed about this and i made my feelings crystal clear, the 2ic fixed it there and then. i was lucky it got fixed, but i told my son if it carries on, what i wanted him to do was to hit the bully so hard, that he would see stars and that i would back him all the way. bullies are cowards and am am glad that that kid stuck up for himself. this was a total set up by this bully and it bit him bigtime

Rob

Time to create page: 0.179 seconds