Friday funny.........Well maybe not

More
11 years 3 months ago #26660 by Stikkibeek
Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #369976 by Farmer53
Yes good.

More
11 years 3 months ago #369977 by sod
:D :D :D

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 3 months ago #369984 by LMCL65
:D

Laurette, mother to Eamon (16), Sebastian and Cheve (angel cats) Henry and Bellatrix cats, Sadie and Billy Bob(dogs) Rocky, Lola and Hersephone (rainbow goat) (Goats), Sparrow and Esme (cows), 6 chickens , 6 Khaki campbell ducks, tadpoles and goldfish.

More
11 years 3 months ago #369987 by terralee
:( Having filled the car up ...I did ask the bank manager if we could first:rolleyes: ...I don't think that is funny!!!![:0] just true:([;)]
Cheers

Leonie & Zoo!!! :silly: :woohoo:

More
11 years 3 months ago #369990 by Ruth
We asked at our last fill, "what are your finance rates?" We all thought we were very (wryly) funny.

More
11 years 3 months ago #369996 by kimberj06
:) I have inherited a collection of Mad Magazines from the 70's and the odd send up of the american fuel crisis of those days are starting to feel a little close to home again for my liking. I put $20 in the car yesterday and all I did was run the kids to girls brigade last night and now the empty light is on again. That is worrying as we have already sold the second car in order to economise and now we are on the verge of not being able to run the remaining vehicle either. Guess I need to go dig up another patch of lawn and try and grow even more vege to free up the cash flow further.:( Ah well - at least the sun is shining again!!![8D]

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

More
11 years 3 months ago #370002 by Farmer53
i got asked by the pump attentant when i flled the car the other week, small mortgage or bridgeing loan. I said bridgeing loan please.

More
11 years 3 months ago #370006 by Toast
I like the 2nd one. Very clever.

Yes, it has come to hit us all at the wrong time. Is there ever a right time?

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]Toast is the best food in the world
Whisky is the best drink in the world

More
11 years 3 months ago #370033 by sod
Yes all funny and thats how we get through these time I think laughter helps dark humour rules :D :D
I'm old as I remember those day well Kimber and carless days petrol station closed at night and Weekends I think but not sure about that I had an exemption ute HE HE

Having time is a measure of enthusiasm:rolleyes:

More
11 years 3 months ago #370044 by Stikkibeek
Here's a couple more

Attached files
File Attachment:
File Attachment:

Did you know, that what you thought I said, was not what I meant :S

More
11 years 3 months ago #370046 by igor
I remember about eleven years ago doing a splash and dash from Tekapo ($1.25 ltr) to get down to Timaru ($1.18 ltr) and thinking it was expensive. Was $1.40 at Mount Cook that day. Might be close to $3 up there now.
Going back further to the early seventies one day we were getting petrol and a guy came in with a big old yankee car and he said to my dad "I don't think ten bucks'd fill my bugger up any more." Be lucky to fill my lawnmower can for that now.

More
11 years 3 months ago #370049 by highgirl
kimberj06...I know the feeling, hubby has a work car which he uses...and I have cut down my trips...and with the latest increase will be decreasing them even more. I can't afford to go anywhere now I don't think (which doesn't help with the mental state of mind being 'trapped" at home.

Igor...I remember the good old days too. I'm 34 now and was lucky to have a wee mini when I was 15. I remember a full tank would cost me about $10 but I could quite easily put $5 a week in it and get around wherever I wanted to go :) bring back those days please, I didn't know how lucky I had it!

More
11 years 3 months ago #370058 by igor
HG, I had minis back in the day too. How can anyone not love the mini? So forgiving. Such great handling. Drive hard out all the time and never fear the corners. I started with an 850 when I got my licence and bought another one when I was nineteen. That one had an 1100 motor and was good for an honest 95 mph. Next door neighbour's son had an HR holden that was good for 100 mph. He had me on the straights but I could always beat him on a winding road.

More
11 years 3 months ago #370061 by kimberj06
The old Holdens were heavy handling alright - but we always managed to 'do the domes' all night on only $5 gas!! My how times have changed!!

Hoping to get out of the city while I am still young enough to make the land productive.

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds